I Formally Give Up

robliles

Rob
Corporate Member
I give up!! I have now tried six, yes six, times to purchase raffle tickets on the website only to receive the same error message as soon as I hit "save", Error; ADcln-AVS. Being a proud Dinosaur/American whose technological skills consist of knowing where the power button is on my computer and the ability to use my antique flip phone that Antiques Roadshow is dying to feature on their show (Wow, look at this. It is a phone that is just a phone. It does only two things, ring when someone "calls" you or you can press some buttons and call someone else. It is a true antique and we are amazed that it has a metal case instead of being chiseled out of stone. You are truly the most premier Dinosaur/American we have ever featured on our show.) I have no idea what the error message means. Despite the old adage that "only a fool does the same thing over and over expecting different results" which I strongly believed in until just now, I have repeatedly tried and tried to buy raffle tickets. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I have tried two cards with the same results. Am I holding my mouth wrong? Do I need to put on a cleaner t-shirt? Am I sitting at the wrong end of the kitchen table? Or is it, and I feel strongly it is, Am I just too darned good looking? Despite the problem, and I'm going with the last, I formally surrender. No more attempts.

Rob

(I actually plan on being at the picnic in May and will buy them there but just really needed to rant and vent today!!)

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
We will happily sell you tickets at the picnic for cash or check Rob. I believe that the AVS error refers to the 3 digit code on the back of the card not matching, but I could very well be wrong.

Looking forward to seeing you at the picnic and tickets sold there have just as much chance of winning as those purchased online.

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Rob, I feel your pain. I tried four times w/ the Discover card I use for everything, only to be told: FAILURE: Denied. Then I tried an AMEX card I almost forgot I had, and bingo. I'm in. Who knows?

It's like the Gremlins that occupy my shop. Who knows why they make certain things (usually mistakes) happen. I've just learned to live w/ it. :p

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
Sorry to hear you are having problems. I was not able to duplicate the error, so I have no idea

Plan B was to just buy you a winning ticket
Your ticket number is 2698

Grimmy2016

Administrator
Scott
A quick Google search of that error code produced this:

Billing: AVS Error
An "AVS mismatch" error occurs when the address information you have provided for your credit card at Account > Billing Info > Update Payment Method does not match what your creditor has on record for you. Either the address OR the zip code has to match, so making sure the zip code matches is usually the easiest way to resolve this error.
If you are having trouble getting the address to be accepted, you may wish to contact your creditor to see how the zip code appears in their records. This is especially the case if you do not have a U.S. address, as your postal code may be in an unexpected format with your creditor.
Another common cause of AVS mismatch is if you recently changed your address with your creditor but forgot to update your information in Typepad. You will want to make sure to update any time that your address or credit card information changes, to ensure that your billing information is correct and up to date.

EDIT: This appears to be from Typepad, but I am sure the error issues is probably generic enough to apply

EDIT 2: Breaking down the code it reads A (which is type) Dcln which means DECLINED and AVS is the additional part telling where the issues was.
Here is a chart to read the codes:

AVS Mismatch Code Chart
CodeVisaMastercardDiscoverAmerican Express
AStreet address matches, ZIP does notStreet address and 5-digit ZIP matchAddress only MatchesAddress and ZIP match
BStreet address matches, but ZIP not verified.Not applicableNot applicableNot applicable
CStreet address and ZIP not verifiedNot applicableNot applicableNot applicable
DStreet address and ZIP match (International Only)Not applicableNot applicableNot applicable
EAVS data is invalid or AVS is not allowed for this card type.Not applicableNot applicableNot applicable
FStreet address and postal code match (UK Only)Not applicableNot applicableStreet address matches, card member name does not match
GNon-U.S. issuing bank does not support AVS.Not applicableNot applicableNot applicable
IAddress information not verified for international transactionNot applicableNot applicableNot applicable
KNot applicableNot applicableNot applicableCard member name matches
LNot applicableNot applicableNot applicableCard member name and ZIP match
MStreet address and postal code match (International Only)Not applicableNot applicableCard member name, street address, and ZIP code match
NStreet address and ZIP code do not matchStreet address and ZIP code do not matchStreet address and ZIP code do not matchStreet address and ZIP code do not match
ONot applicableNot applicableNot applicableCard member name and street address match
PZip code matches, street address unverifiable due to incompatible formats (International Only)Not applicableNot applicableNot applicable
RSystem unavailable, retrySystem unavailable, retrySystem unavailable, retrySystem unavailable, retry
SAVS not supportedAVS not supportedAVS not supportedAVS not supported
TNot applicableNot applicable9-Digit ZIP matches, street address does notNot applicable
UAddress information unavailable. Returned if the U.S. bank does not support non-U.S. AVS or if the AVS in a U.S. bank is not functioning properly.Address information unavailableAddress information unavailableAddress information unavailable
W9-Digit ZIP matches, street address does not9-Digit ZIP matches, street address does not9-Digit ZIP matches, street address does notCard member name, ZIP, and street address do NOT match
X9-Digit ZIP and street address match9-Digit ZIP and street address match9-Digit ZIP and street address matchNot applicable
Y5-Digit ZIP and street address match5-Digit ZIP and street address match5-Digit ZIP and street address match5-Digit ZIP and street address match
Z5-Digit ZIP matches, street address does not5-Digit ZIP matches, street address does not5-Digit ZIP matches, street address does not5-Digit ZIP matches, street address does not

Last edited:

robliles

Rob
Corporate Member
Well, this is interesting. I have had the card I used to try and purchase tickets for over 20 years. I have never changed my address and use this card regularly and have never had it declined before. I used this card to purchase tickets last year and had no problems. I have checked my credit card account and the address I used is the address they have on record. Again, I am going with that I am just too darned good looking to purchase raffle tickets and will wait till the picnic and get them with good old fashioned money.

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
So sorry you're having problems and as I said we'll be happy to sell you tickets at the picnic. We welcome all who want to purchase tickets there. We will be able to take cash and checks at the picnic, no credit cards unfortunately.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS