I broke a bandsaw blade today... that's a god thing.

red

Papa Red
Red
Senior User
I broke my bandsaw blade today just cutting out some cherry rounds for some potpourri bowls I need to make. Once I got the new blade installed and finished the cut, I realized how dull my old blade was. The new blade cut through like butter and following the cut line was so much easier. So I'm glad it broke. I need to keep a better eye on it for sharpness.

Red

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
Just received 4 new bands from John at WOODCRAFT BLADES about 2 hours ago. They are to go on a Jet 14'x105" and a Hammer 3800 3/4"x140". I called and talked to him last Thursday and he said he would ship them out on Monday. Really great service from a very knowledgeable and helpful gentleman. Woodcraft Bands are #1 in my book!

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
+ 1 on Woodcraftbands.. Always great service, and great pricing for quality blades. If you have never ordered from them before, call John and tell him what you are sawing, and he will suggest the most correct blade.

mpholway

Board of Directors, Events Director
Matt
Staff member
Corporate Member
Is there anywhere some one can go to get band saw blades sharpened?

blackhawk

Brad
Corporate Member
I hadn't heard of Woodcraftbands before. They have some great prices!

How are their shipping costs?

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Is there anywhere some one can go to get band saw blades sharpened?
Unfortunately for consumer sized BS blades the answer is almost always no. By the time the blade needs sharpening, the metal is fatigued. With new blades less than $20, it doesn't make sense to spend that amount sharpening an old blade.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS