I’m not feeling woodworky...

Pop Golden

New User
Pop
What can I say? I'm a lucky duck. I had a split unit located in the basement along with my shop. Always harm & cool. Had to replace unit so they put in a gas pack. It's all out side. I was concerned that locating the new unit outside would take away my heat and cooling. As everything is up and running I discovered that heat and cool radiate from the ducts in the shop ceiling. If it gets really cold I have a small space heater. The most wonderful thing about my shop location is my back door faces north east and a garage door faces south west. In the spring and fall there's always a breeze blowing through the shop. Ok I'll stop bragging.

Pop :cool:

Richo B

New User
Richo
I have a portable AC unit set up for when I want to do some woodworking and it helps with the humidity. But often even on the most hottest, highest humidity days I have plenty of other hobbies to occupy my time, indoors. I find I do more painting in the winter and summer and less in the spring and autumn.

patlaw

Mike
Corporate Member
That's fine to take a break from woodworking anytime. Lots of other things to do and interests besides woodworking 24/7/365!
That's good to know. I haven't been in my "shop" since Christmas. My progress stopped, and so did I. It's time for me to regroup and get some help.

Charles Lent

Charley
Corporate Member
I think I'm in my shop more in the Summer than I am in the Winter, but have a window style heat pump mounted high and through the North Wall of the shop. I usually only run it when I'm there working, but also use it in the Winter to keep the shop above freezing. When it's too hot to work outside I spend more time in my shop, so I get a lot done in the Summer.

Charley

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors