Hurry...these will go fast

Status
Not open for further replies.

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Brad........for $37 plus shipping that is one great deal.

D L

733342-alarge.jpg

chris99z71

New User
Chris
Raised panel set for $37

It's a makita set and sells on Amazon for $149. It only had one review on Amazon, but it was a postitive one. For the price, I figured it was worth the chance. Came to $43 and change with shipping. Don't dilly-dally. If you want it, order it cause this place ususally sells out within hours of when they send out their emailed flyer - and I received my flyer at 1:35PM today.
Side note - the electronic receipt says "Strickland Electric & Plumbing Supply" which I looked up and it turns out to be in Marion, NC. Didn't know that.

chris99z71

New User
Chris
OK, guess I should have looked here first before I posted in member announcements...
I'm a little slow at times...like ALL the time! :lol:

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
chris99z71 said:
OK, guess I should have looked here first before I posted in member announcements...
I'm a little slow at times...like ALL the time! :lol:

Chris, just for a little practice with your moderation skills why not go ahead and merge your thread with the thread here that Brad started.

D L

chris99z71

New User
Chris
OK, that threw me for a second. I thought it was going to be all point and click. But I guess copy/pasting the URL isn't that hard....
Thanks DL!

BTW - I emailed this deal to my good friend (best man) in CT. He ordered 3 sets. 1 to use and 2 to sell on Ebay.

Last edited:

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
I've never used a Makita router bit... how does everybody like these things? What is the quality? How are they rated?

Ray

chris99z71

New User
Chris
I could only find 1 review (Amazon) and the guy gave it 5 stars:

"Very well made, have to try to burn wood., February 4, 2006

Reviewer:B. Durtschi (USA) - See all my reviews

I ran some pine and some red oak through the bits just to see how they cut with different wood. The edge was as smooth as a babies bottom and feed rates were reasonable. Even when I slowed to a painful crawl, I had no problem with wood burning. They were a great deal (they came with a 3 1/4 hp router). Very happy with them"

I felt it was worth the chance. Interesting that I couldn't find the set on Makita's website. I'm guessing it's discontinued.

Edit: OK found something on that "other" site:
woodnet discussion

Basically, somebody says there's alot of carbide on them and that Amana might make them.

Last edited:

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
Well... I went and did it... soon as I get them and stick them into the router, I'll post a review (sort of)

Ray

JohnsonMBrandon

New User
Brandon Johnson
Just keep an eye out. They run this special on this set about onc a month. I have a set in hand, but haven't used them yet.

Sweetgum

New User
Brad Keisler
JohnsonMBrandon said:
Just keep an eye out. They run this special on this set about onc a month. I have a set in hand, but haven't used them yet.

I've kept an eye out the past three times they ran the special. More often than not, if you don't place your order within 1 to 2 hours of the bits being available, you won't get them.:roll::crybaby2::lol:

JimThomasson

New User
Jim
If anybody still wants to get in on this deal, send them an email begging!!! I did ... and they "grandfathered" me in ..... and I ordered a set! Incredible deal!

Jim T.:eusa_danc

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
While the photos in D L's and Chris' posts look nice, I think this one looks nicer b/c it's in my shop.:-D (I suspect someone might accuse this of being a GLOAT)

Ray

Attachments

• 136-3610_IMG.JPG
    136-3610_IMG.JPG
    243.7 KB · Views: 234

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Ray Martin said:
While the photos in D L's and Chris' posts look nice, I think this one looks nicer b/c it's in my shop.:-D (I suspect someone might accuse this of being a GLOAT)

Ray

A GLOAT?..................not at all Ray. However.............YOU SUCK!:lol: Nice score on the bits.

D L

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS