Hummingbird Box Commission

Status
Not open for further replies.

wdkits1

New User
Mike
Hi Everyone
Got a call from a client in California yesterday that saw my website and asked if I could do a hummingbird box for him to give to his wife for her birthday which is next week. I said that I do commission work but usually require at least 30 days notice. He said that he would be willing to pay a little extra if I could get it done.Well who am I to argue with making a bit more money so I took on the job. It is one of my standard patterns /kits which did make it easy to do although I haven’t done this pattern in a year or so. Here is the finished box which I did today-minus the hinges, the lining and another coat of finish.
The box is mahogany with maple inlays. The top is made with bookmatched mahogany, bookmatched birdseye maple, ebony (beak, feet and triangles), (tulipwood (flowerpetals),bloodwood (throat), pau-amerillo(center of flower) and different shades of green poplar(bird and leaves). Box is 5”x 6” x 3”

Hummingbirdbox001.jpg

Hummingbirdbox002.jpg

jhreed

New User
james
Mike, always remember the golden rule. He who has the gold makes the rules. If he wants to pay, you must honor the customer.
James

wdkits1

New User
Mike
Thanks all for the nice comments.
I don't like to rush a project like this, but you gotta do what you gotta do. Now I know that I can do this box in about 6 hours from scratch.

Mt. Gomer

New User
Travis
I don't like to rush a project like this, but you gotta do what you gotta do. Now I know that I can do this box in about 6 hours from scratch.

Well, I suppose it's not too bad for something you just threw together at the last minute!:notworthy:

LeeNC

New User
Lee

I might have the boards flat by then. :no:
That is one great box.

Lee

mikeacg

New User
Mike
Mike,

You might have noticed that I am partial to Hummers (I use one for my business logo and sig) but do not think that influenced me when I say, "That box is excellent!" 6 hrs? That is equally impressive...
Thanks for sharing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS