How do you take a photo from the Gallery and insert it?

bowman

Board of Directors, Webmaster
Neal
Staff member
Corporate Member
There was a setting in the media gallery that was not documented very well. Ron made the change earlier today, so there was nothing specific Clay had to do.

cobraguy

Clay
Corporate Member
- Select "Your media" from the Media dropdown menu in the brown taskbar near the top of the forum.
- As you move the cursor over a pic, a small box should appear in the top left corner of the pic - check it
- A blue bar also appears at the bottom of the screen with a "Choose Action" box - we'll get to that in a bit
- Repeat for as many pics as you need to delete
- Click in the "Choose Action" box to get another menu and select "Delete Media"
- A box appears asking why you want to delete - ignore if you wish, but you still have to hit continue/submit or similar (I already deleted everything so am doing this from memory)
- You have to hit Go(?) next to where you selected "Delete Media" in the blue bar to finish the process

I still could not delete the album, but after deleting all of the pics, the album is empty.

Hope this helps and I apologize if I got some of the specifics wrong, but it's pretty straightforward once you get started.

Jeff

New User
Jeff
- As you move the cursor over a pic, a small box should appear in the top left corner of the pic - check it

Got that, but no blue bar at the bottom so I can't continue as Clay says. I'm using a MacBookPro.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member

Got that, but no blue bar at the bottom so I can't continue as Clay says. I'm using a MacBookPro.
I'm using an iMac desktop unit and I do get the blue bar at the bottom.

bowman

Board of Directors, Webmaster
Neal
Staff member
Corporate Member

You may have to click on the"Hide Chat" when you hover over this button;

Charlie Buchanan

Charlie
Corporate Member
- Select "Your media" from the Media dropdown menu in the brown taskbar near the top of the forum.
- A blue bar also appears at the bottom of the screen with a "Choose Action" box - we'll get to that in a bit
- Repeat for as many pics as you need to delete
- Click in the "Choose Action" box to get another menu and select "Delete Media"
- A box appears asking why you want to delete - ignore if you wish, but you still have to hit continue/submit or similar (I already deleted everything so am doing this from memory)
- You have to hit Go(?) next to where you selected "Delete Media" in the blue bar to finish the process

I still could not delete the album, but after deleting all of the pics, the album is empty.

Hope this helps and I apologize if I got some of the specifics wrong, but it's pretty straightforward once you get started.

This works for me now on IPad mini. The delet option appears where it did not before! Thanks to all who worked on this.

Jeff

New User
Jeff
Closed the chat window.

I'm deleting pics but not the way everyone has been describing. Double click on the picture and look at the bottom left---"Delete" in blue.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-03-21 at 2.09.21 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-03-21 at 2.09.21 PM.png
    3.2 MB · Views: 147

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS