how do I?

bowman

Board of Directors, Webmaster
Neal
Staff member
Corporate Member
that level of search is not available from the main web site. An admin can perform a user search based on several different variables.

The user you are looking for "bbrown".

Fortunately, "LineAndBerry.com" was listed in part of his "about" field

danmart77

Dan
Corporate Member
I want to search for a member, but I only have his name not his handle.
(I am looking for William Francis Brown - GALLERY | William Francis Brown|LineAndBerry.com|Fine Furniture|Camden,ME )

Earlier today I was looking for an old friend, but I only know his name as well...

any ideas?

Hey Hank
Back a while ago I communicated with Bill on the line and berry stuff to give Phil S a lead. Phil wanted to make some spice boxes in his shop and I thought I would touch base with Bill and get them together.

I hope I am not connecting the wrong dots here but the guy I talked with was down in Albemarle area? Not Maine. Maybe he has moved on or found work up in Camden. That's one part of Maine that is really nice but far too developed from when I spent time there in the early 60's.
Bill's work is very impressive indeed.

He goes by bbrown here on the site. I think I saw a recent entry in May?

Dan

bowman

Neal
Staff member
Corporate Member
Dan/Hank,
now that we have bbrown as the user name, you can do a member search, which returns data for you. This is the member you are looking for.

"Interested in 18th century reproduction furniture

Split my time between work in Albemarle, NC, Forest, VA and Camden, ME

reading, kayak, gardening"

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
I should have searched line and berry...

bowman

Neal
Staff member
Corporate Member
I should have searched line and berry...

unfortunately, that is not part of the searches available to members on the NCWW site.

When I searched for William Brown, there were 2 users returned, so I had to view details of each to see which one you were looking for.

Hmerkle

Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Well! doesn't that suck?
I thought it would "catch" with an advanced search (keywords) but you are correct - it didn't!

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
If you do a google search for "keyword site:ncwoodworker.net" it'll look for that keyword on our site. Not everything is indexed/ 100% current, but it gives you another way to find information. And yes, searching for "lineandberry.com site:ncwoodworker.net" would have yielded the desired result.

Jeff

New User
Jeff
Interesting question from Hank and an interesting history about "bbrown" and his "lineandberry.com" business. Mr. Brown has been a member since 2008 but he has only 1 post with us in 2016. His member location says Albemarle but his website "lineand berry.com" says he's a woodworker in Camden, Maine. Who knows where he's located in 2019 and maybe he's retired.

"My furniture is hand made in rural Virginia and Camden, Maine."

...and Phil S has made several of the line and berry spice boxes as gifts or as commission pieces. The design may be from Steve Latta (fine woodworking) not Mr. Brown.

Last edited:

Hmerkle

Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
If you do a google search for "keyword site:ncwoodworker.net" it'll look for that keyword on our site. Not everything is indexed/ 100% current, but it gives you another way to find information. And yes, searching for "lineandberry.com site:ncwoodworker.net" would have yielded the desired result.
Thanks Bas - that little "trick" is REALLY cool!!
Check out the results for moxen vise site:ncwoodworker.net - Google Search

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS