Housing the infestation...

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Christmas found my daughter [STRIKE]blessed[/STRIKE] spoiled by her grandmother. She was the recipient of 4 of the "coveted" Zhu Zhu pets (robotic rodents).

ZhuZhu_infestation_003.jpg

She asked me if I could make her a house for them all, and she wanted to help. I told her to draw me what she wanted me to make. She did and gave me the "blue page" which is what she calls a blueprint :gar-Bi

We set off to the store to get her a hammer she could handle, I was afraid that my 22 oz. framing hammer might be too much for her. We found her a 7 oz. hammer....I'll probably be painting it pink later.

ZhuZhu_infestation_004.jpg

Hammering didn't go over so well with her, she didn't like the noise when she missed the nail, and she didn't have very good aim either.

But like her dad, she did take a shinin' to the nail gun.....

ZhuZhu_infestation_005.jpg

Needless to say, but I did most of the work, maybe in a few years she will have more interest in woodworking.
But I did spend a few hours in my shop with my most favorite girl and she got somewhere to house her Zhu Zhu pet infestation....

ZhuZhu_infestation_008.jpg

Dave:)

Last edited:

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Cool. Bet that was one of the most fun projects you have had the pleasure of doing.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Priceless pics, Dave!!!!:wsmile::wsmile::wsmile:

I am glad that she did take the safety gear pretty serious! (ear muffs ....or was it just too cold?:gar-Bi)

So......... Now that the fun stiff is done, who gets to sand and apply the finish???? The better half?

Sure looks like a very fun day in the shop with lots of sunshine.

Treasure these moments, Dave. They grow up way too fast and it will seem that you are constantly waiting for new grand children.

You must be very proud of that big girl playing with daddy's toys!

Thanks for sharing this fine memory with us.

Wayne

DaveO

New User
DaveO
So......... Now that the fun stiff is done, who gets to sand and apply the finish???? The better half?

Wayne

Bwwhaha :gar-La; sand and finish. I was lucky to get a picture of it in all it's glory before my daughter slathered it with many mismatched colors of acrylic paint. She even painted over the nice brass hinges and screws I used for door knobs. But it's the way she wants it, and that's all that matters.

PeteM

Pete
Corporate Member
Very cute - The pets, the "ZhuGarage" and of course your daughter.

I had to look up Zhu Zhu Pets. Did you know you can get a bunch of wonderful accessories!!
Cars, surfboards. balls, treadmills, etc., etc., etc. :wink_smil

pete

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Oh yeah, we already got the car, surfboard and hamster ball. I said she got spoiled by grandma :roll:
The car is pretty cool, they go in the garage and take off out the doors in the car.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Very cute and a good days work toward building a future wood worker.

Be sure to read, understand and follow all the safety rules for those Zhu Zhu demons.

The wheels can catch her hair and pull it out by the roots.

Bad stuff!

cpowell

New User
Chuck
Very cool! :cool:

I don't know anything about Zhu Zhu pets but I know a happy girl when I see one. :gar-Bi Nice looking pads by the way.

Chuck

Mt. Gomer

New User
Travis
Attaboy Dave! Well done!

I'm looking forward to times like those with my kids. They're a bit too young yet but it woon't be toooo long.

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
Dave,

Were you doing that project today ? Because if you were we must be living in different Claytons, because I noticed that you had the shop door opened and only the screen door closed, what's up with that ? Even I had to put regular shoes on today, because the sandals were too cold, but I'm still wearing shorts outside and around:gar-La;.

Nice project with Ava :icon_thum.

NCTurner

Gary
Corporate Member
That is some of the best woodworking there is! Awesome way to spend shop time, I look forward to some of my own in a few years.

farmerbw

Brian
Corporate Member
Nice work bro, I see something like that on the horizon for me most likely since Felicity got 3, but no accessories to be found in Raleighwood, and she currently has them living in a cardboard box. Granted I'll have to get the garage cleaned up a little more before I can actually attempt any ww'ing in there. I think a heater may be on the horizon as well in the near future.

Brian.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors