Horizon Forest Products

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Does anyone know if they sell retail or only to commercial accounts?

mdbuntyn

Matt
Staff member
Corporate Member
An idea that I heard from an employee at J. Gibson McIlvain (a large wholesaler in MD) is to ask if the company has any customers local to you, then call that customer and ask if they'd be willing to add what you need to their next order.

bob vaughan

Bob Vaughan
Senior User
An idea that I heard from an employee at J. Gibson McIlvain (a large wholesaler in MD) is to ask if the company has any customers local to you, then call that customer and ask if they'd be willing to add what you need to their next order.

I've done this with other suppliers (McEwen) and it does work within the confines of the seller. My qualifiers that I had to meet were minimum order of 500 feet and the unit will be delivered banded and expected to be fork lifted off the truck. The lumber yard off loaded with a fork lift and sat my bundle out of the way so I could load my truck by hand and wouldn't be in the way of the lumber yards normal routine.

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Does anyone know if they sell retail or only to commercial accounts?
When Horizon was in Fuquay, I could walk in and pick out what I wanted, same as with Wurth. But when they moved to east Raleigh, they wanted a 100 BDF minimum order, which they pulled. Being as how Wurth was right around the corner, it was a no brainer for me as where to shop. This was back when I was building cabinets for the local "Y's," so I was a commercial operation. McEwen was always a bunch of jerks to me and a couple other small cabinet makers.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS