Hobbyist in Wilmington

Papachad

Papachad
Senior User
Hey guys, a little overdue here. As the title says, I am a hobbyist in Wilmington. Have a 24x24 shop in my backyard where I try to make furniture, cutting boards, and eventually cabinets and other things. Made some significant upgrades by insulating and drywalling it last month. Also upgraded my contractor saw to a 3hp sawstop last night which I'm super excited about as well, so I figure I'll be spending some more time around here. Looking forward to interacting with you all more. Cheers.

-Chad

Papachad

Papachad
Senior User
Thanks, Mike. Pics of my shop project below. Tools still being moved back in as we speak.

Before:
20200308_143814.jpg

After:
20210423_134105.jpg

Oka

Casey
Corporate Member
HI ! and Welcome ! Nice shop space. One suggestion - you will want more lighting. Both Walmart and Costco sell a 2 bulb LED Fixture for about 20 bucks each. When you come to the finishing more light means less shadowing easier on your eyes.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
HI ! and Welcome ! Nice shop space. One suggestion - you will want more lighting. Both Walmart and Costco sell a 2 bulb LED Fixture for about 20 bucks each. When you come to the finishing more light means less shadowing easier on your eyes.
Agree, I still have one corner that needs a little more light.

Reactions: Oka

Papachad

Papachad
Senior User
Thanks for the tip! There are 4 LED fixtures and its pretty damn bright in there at night (this pic was taken in the daylight). But can definitely add more as needed.

drw

Donn
Corporate Member
Glad to have you join the group! You have some wonderful looking shop space, looking forward to seeing you add tools and other amenities to your space.

cpaul

New User
Chris
Wow, Chad, I'd drool all over myself if my shop space was that tidy :0). I'm about to post pics of my shop here also, much to my impending embarrassment.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS