Hillbilly glue press

Willemjm

Willem
Corporate Member
258537F8-DE31-4081-A7B2-8E7E6D89E272.jpeg

Charlie

Charlie
Corporate Member
Lol. I've been doing that for years for my segmented turnings. It works great because unlike a clamp, it doesn't force the wood out of position. It also allows you to re-position things easily. I once tipped off a new gallon of white paint that busted open when it hit the floor (fortunately it was water based). After about an hour of cleanup I went to Lowes and purchased 8 one gallon cans and some play sand. Filled each can with sand and water. Each can weighs about 18#. I use 1,2 or 3 cans, depending on ring size. I like the KISS method for things when possible.

RickR

Rick
Senior User
This is precisely why we never throw things away. I have a set of several machined stainless steel pucks (~1 lb each) that I rescued from the scrap bin at work. Use them exactly like this on small work. Also have the added benefit of being the exact same diameter and height so useful for setup.

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
I stole Charlie's idea from him and went to Lowes and bought empty cans and play sand. Filled with sand and water they're very heavy.

KyleS

New User
Kyle
I’ve got a few weights that I use sometimes.

Attachments

• FB2E5511-9D37-4238-A9F9-BE4EB10041FD.jpeg
    FB2E5511-9D37-4238-A9F9-BE4EB10041FD.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 170

RayH

New User
Ray
"... tipped off a new gallon of white paint that busted open when it hit the floor ..."

GREAT SHADES OF DAVEO!!

At lest it was not pink.:rolleyes:

Oka

Casey
Corporate Member
Sometimes I will use a plywood square with a 5 gal bucket full of water about 35 lbs works well. I also sometimes use the same buckets full of water to hold forms in place when I cannot nail or brace off.

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
And here I thought everybody did it like me--I jack up one wheel of my old pick up, and then lower the tire and truck back down on the stack. That works good, if you have a tire and wheel on your pick up. For further advice on weighing down your glue stack, just give me a shout!:cool:

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS