HF Multi tool

Status
Not open for further replies.

ncreefer

New User
Kevin
I know there has been posts on this in the past, but was looking for an update on the HF multi tool. I've been considering getting a multi tool (either the Craftsman or the HF). I don't know how much I would use it, but I'm in the process of fininishing a bonus room so this would be my "new project tool". My father in law says he loves his craftsman and it would be useful in putting up some drywall (cutting out boxes and such). I know the craftsman is probably better, but I'm trying to keep the price down since I have to buy all of the other supplies to finish the room.

So my question is to those of you with the HF, is it a good buy, or should I wait and get the Craftsman?

cliff56

cliff
Corporate Member
i have it and have used it a lot with no problems , makes neat cutouts in sheetrock and even wood same blades the others use will also work with it . a great buy for the money in my opnion.

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Truly a "HF Gem." I bought one, used it on one job and saved so much labor that went and bought another just in case the first one failed, which it hasn't. A couple weeks ago, I used mine to take the ball out of a Delta faucet. I couldn't get the retaining ring to unscrew, so I just cut it apart. Last week, I used mine to level up the top of a stringer in a bench in the sauna, without having to remove the slat. My son, also in the home repair business, has two - one for each truck.

flatheadfisher

New User
Michael
I bought one when I remodeled our bathroom and it paid for itself in no time. It may not last forever but for what it cost, it was worth every penny already.

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
I don't have any experience with the HF multi-tool, but HF does have some real gems. A friend of my was on his way down to the beach last year to help someone rebuild a deck. He purchased the HF recip saw for $20, thinking of it as a disposable. With that attitude about the tool, going into the job, he tells me he and his friend beat the stuffing out of the saw... and it kept on going. He's now used it on several other demo jobs and reports that you can't kill this tool.

HF may be the low-cost leader... but some of their stuff is really good.

Splint Eastwood

New User
Matt
I also have and love using! I almost dont use my RotoZip anymore.

Also, HF has come out with a Variable Speed version as well as original single speed. $10 more for VS model.

I have single speed version. As mentioned previously, great for sheet rock cutting, but also does metal, wood, plastic, without any blade changes (Half moon blade).

:thumbs_up:thumbs_up!

Matt

Marlin

New User
Marlin
I also got the first gen model and it has been great. Just waiting for the blades to come down in price.

They have a newwer model that is a little stronger and multi speed.

mbeach

New User
Mike
It may be this weekend or in a month, but I saw in one of their ads that this is on sale for $35(i belive)

ncreefer

New User
Kevin
Thanks all. I actually bought one last week. They were marked to $39, and I had a 20% off coupon. Not a bad deal, so I figured I would go ahead and get it so I'd have it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS