HF 2HP DC $139.99 coupon in Wood Mag

Status
Not open for further replies.

HMH

Heath Hendrick
Senior User
Good Deal!

Not to thread hijack, but does anyone have any experience w/ the 60" "solid oak" workbench? I wouldn't expect top quality, but for $135, it might make a great assembly table.....

Marlin

New User
Marlin
I think the benchs weak spot is the legs.

I think I saw someone add some support to the legs and that helped that a good bit.

If you build it up a little better then it might be a good first/quick bench.

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Good Deal!

Not to thread hijack, but does anyone have any experience w/ the 60" "solid oak" workbench? I wouldn't expect top quality, but for $135, it might make a great assembly table.....
I've seen it in the store. It's really too narrow to be a good assembly table (unless you only make jewelry boxes), and not really strong enough for woodworking. This one looks better than it works.

ncguy77

New User
Jim
I haven't been too impressed with my HF purchases.

Does anybody have a non-HF solution for DC in this 2HP range?
I see grizzly at $280 so i assume any better names is probably 4400 or so.
I've worked 20+ years with nothing so I guess my standards are pretty low and anything is probably better than what i got now.

Tom from Clayton

tom
Corporate Member
I've had the HF DC for a few years now and although I've heard many negatives I've been very satisfied. It's a vast improvement over no dust collection at all. I had to replace the on/off switch last year but it was easy to order and simple to install.

Tom from Clayton

HMH

Heath Hendrick
Senior User
Stopped by the Durham HF to look at the bench in person - not impressed. There were a few DC's out on the floor though. I don't have one personally, but I've heard good reviews considering the price, especially w/ a Wynn canister filter upgrade.

Mt. Gomer

New User
Travis
Just a reminder that there is a very nice Jet 1HP DC in the classified section for a very reasonable price. It's already got the upgraded canister filter and If I had to guess would probably outperform the HP unit (I'm sure it works ok but I'd bet a HP to HP conparison wouldn't tell the whole story).

Trav

DavidF

New User
David
Just a reminder that there is a very nice Jet 1HP DC in the classified section for a very reasonable price. It's already got the upgraded canister filter and If I had to guess would probably outperform the HP unit (I'm sure it works ok but I'd bet a HP to HP conparison wouldn't tell the whole story).

Trav

yep, that's mine, and yes, it does have the canister that you clean simply by winding the handle on the top. It has done me proud for the last few years. Works really well and is very quiet for this type of unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS