Hey everybody

Status
Not open for further replies.

wndopdlr

wally
Senior User
Found this site entirely be accident looking for info on intarsia. Been making big boards into smaller ones for about 30 years and, now that I am retired, can enjoy my hobby more. Most of my stuff has been larger scale furniture for friends and family, but I am looking for a way to utilize some of my smaller scrap.......thus, intarsia.

Would love to join a club or group that does intarsia so that I can learn from them. If anyone knows of a group in the Charlotte are, I would appreciate the lead.

Deeptree

New User
William
Welcome to the forum! I am from the Charlotte area as well, and thought I would say hello. To be honest, I had to go and look up the word "intarsia" to figure out what it meant, which looking at the articles, seems to be a form of woodworking utilizing different pieces of wood, fitted together to make one larger piece, usually of contrasting colors/finishes. AMAZINGLY beautiful looking.

I am sure that someone here will have a good reference for you, but if not, I would go talk to Paul or Dennis out at Woodcraft, as they may have some leads for you as well. Again, welcome aboard!

William

Bryan S

Bryan
Wally first off, welcome to our humble sawdust pile, and we are glad you found us. I do not know of any intarsia clubs, but there are some members here that are into that, I am sure some of them will chime in soon enough. Lastly, I see you already have the gloating thing down. I do not know how long you have been retired, but congratulations and hope you are enjoying it.

wndopdlr

wally
Senior User
Welcome to the forum! I am from the Charlotte area as well, and thought I would say hello. To be honest, I had to go and look up the word "intarsia" to figure out what it meant, which looking at the articles, seems to be a form of woodworking utilizing different pieces of wood, fitted together to make one larger piece, usually of contrasting colors/finishes. AMAZINGLY beautiful looking.

I am sure that someone here will have a good reference for you, but if not, I would go talk to Paul or Dennis out at Woodcraft, as they may have some leads for you as well. Again, welcome aboard!

William

Thanks, and I am familiar with Woodcraft. I think most of my 401K is invested there.:gar-Bi

CDPeters

Master of None
Chris
Welcome Wally! NCWW member wdkits1 (Mike) does some very impressive Intarsia work. Hopefully he will chime in here.

C.

MikeH

New User
Mike
Welcome to NCWW Wally! We're glad to have you and look forward to seeing some of your work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors