Hey all New I'm to NCWW

Status
Not open for further replies.

duncndonut

New User
Pete
Hey guys and gals,

Just joined up to the forum here and am really excite to be part what seems like a very active and informative community. A little about myself, I am originally from New York and Graduated College from Alfred University(a one stoplight town, you've probably never heard of) with a degree in design. I moved to Wilmington 3 years ago and have been slowly building my workshop as I am sure you all have, at some point in your wood career.

I hope that I can learn a lot from the community here and hopefully give back a good bit too! Take care...

-Pete

cskipper

Cathy
Welcome to the group! Please post pictures of things you make, including your workshop. We love pictures!

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Welcome to the site, Pete!:icon_thum

Lotsa great folks always willing to lend a hand or an ear to any woodworking questions you may have. Ask away and don't be shy.

Post often and have fun.

Wayne

lbtripp

New User
Lyell
Welcome aboard. I live in Ocean Isle Beach, which is about 45 minutes from Wilmington. Nice to have someone closer. Seems like most everyone is in the western part of the state. I do know where Alfred, NY is. Been there a few times. I am originally from Perry, NY. Anyway this is a great site and I know you will enjoy it. If you get down this way I would be glad to show you around my shop. It may give you some useful ideas. You can see pictures of it in the members gallery.

Regards Lyell :icon_thum

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Welcome to the site Pete. :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap I lived in Wilmington for ten years before moving to Raleigh a year ago. Definitely miss the great folks down there and of course, the beach. It's great that you could join us. :icon_thum

duncndonut

New User
Pete
Re: Hey all New to NCWW

Wow, Thanks for the great welcome everybody! Sorry for the poor grammar in the thread heading, can't win 'em all eh? Here's a pic of my current project, in an effort to save some more space in my one-car workshop! I'm impatiently awaiting the arrival of my router plate, should be here this week! I'll keep you all updated. I'm thinking about a new fence system, anybody have any suggestions? Thanks everyone!
tablesaw4.jpg

View image in gallery

Last edited:

cheryllewis

New User
cheryl
Hey guys and gals,

Just joined up to the forum here and am really excite to be part what seems like a very active and informative community. A little about myself, I am originally from New York and Graduated College from Alfred University(a one stoplight town, you've probably never heard of) with a degree in design. I moved to Wilmington 3 years ago and have been slowly building my workshop as I am sure you all have, at some point in your wood career.

I hope that I can learn a lot from the community here and hopefully give back a good bit too! Take care...

-Pete
Welcome aboard.

Gregory Paolini

New User
Gregory Paolini
Pete,

Welcome to North Carolina Woodworker! I too know of Alfred! I saw a few other small town names from New York pop up too. I used to spend lots of time in Eagle, Pike, Arcade, Java, and Chafee during the summers, away from Buffalo.

Good to see you here - Less snow to shovel here too!!!

Best,
Gregory

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors