Here's my version.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RaymondP

New User
Raymond Padgett
[C
This is Kyle's Claro, Hal Taylor's plans, and Touchwood's advice.

RaymondP

Last edited:

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Wow, I am always amazed at these sculptured rockers. Every one is slightly different and really reflects the craft-person's eye, but all are soooo cool :icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum
Beautiful wood and work...now it's time to sit a spell:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Dave:)

M

McRabbet

Raymond,

That is a beautiful piece of work using absolutely gorgeous wood -- the grain in the seat is stunning! Nice work, indeed!

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Awesome chair, Ray!!!:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc

Some day!!!!!!!!!!!!..................maybe I'll have the nerve to try somethin" like that..........naw.....Haven't got the nerve!!!:nah: (Still trying to make square boxes!:BangHead:)

I have to admire the craftsmanship and the great job you did with this one!!:wsmile::wsmile:

Very well done! Thanks for sharing the pics!

Wayne

nelsone

New User
Ed
Beautiful chair! You really did a nice job on that and Kyle did you right in the wood! The figure is great!!!

MikeL

Michael
Corporate Member
:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap Beautiful work and wood. It looks very comfy! :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

T

toolferone

Another beautiful rocker.

If we keep this up we will have to change the name of the forum to NC wood chair makers :gar-Bi.

sapwood

New User
Roger
Wow! I think you need to add "Craftmanship by Raymond".
The figure is spectacular and the contrasting wood (or sapwood:mrgreen:) is a nice touch. Oh yeah, the pics are nice too :icon_thum

Roger

Shamrock

New User
Michael
Raymond-
Gorgeous rocker! Well done. How are Hal's plans to work with? Also-about how long did it take you to complete the rocker? I've seen touchwoods-Dino's-john's and now yours and I'm getting the bug pretty bad. Thanks-and again wonderful job-happy rocking! -- Mike

:BangHead::BangHead::BangHead:clamps-clamps-why do I never have enough clamps

RaymondP

New User
Raymond Padgett
Hey Mike.

Thanks a lot. Hal does a good job with his plans and follows up with as much advice as you need. I made a trip to Touchwood's place before I started to see a chair and get a feel for what was involved. He helped a lot as well. I had let the Claro Walnut dry from Feb. 2007 to Feb. 2008 inside an air-conditioned shop before I started. It took me three months part time with a week off for an appendectomy. You should try it. It is very satisfying. RaymondP

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
WOW!!! I have the plans from Hal Taylor and the walnut to do it, just haven't had the time. THe walnut looks more "formal" than I would have expected. Still, it is outstanding!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS