Here's another "Better late than ever" intro

Mountain City Bill

Mountain City Bill
Corporate Member
My wife and I moved to Mountain City, TN 4 years ago from Minnesota. We love the mild winters and southern hospitality.

We were fortunate to find property with a few wooded acres.
We have enough pine for many timber frame projects, white oak, poplar and cherry for all other projects.
Once I'm retired, I will be very busy!

Bear Republic

Steve
Corporate Member
Welcome to the neighbourhood! Lots of great people and info here to keep you busy. You'll find help and info about just about anything wood related and then some.

enjoy the winters here too, I'm from CA so it's nice to have 4 seasons, but I spent couple yrs in MN as a kid, don't miss the -20+ winters except when i was playing hockey.

Raymond

Raymond
Staff member
Corporate Member
Welcome aboard, Bill. As you already know, ask and you shall receive.

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
Welcome to the family Bill--I'm familiar with Mountain City, it's the only place I've ever been in prison...…..
The state prison there has a large print shop where they do a lot of printing for the state of Tennessee. Back years ago when I was driving truck, I picked up a load of envelopes that had to be delivered there. I will say it was quite a lot of red tape and security to get inside, and 10 times as much to get back out. From the looks of the inmates, it was a place I was anxious to get back out. Mountain City is a beautiful area and a great place to live--as long as you're not in prison there! ;) ;) :D

Pop Golden

New User
Pop
Gosh Sawman THEY LET YOU OUT! I lived in Johnson City for a short while. That area is a great place. I thought about Mountain City, but decided to stay in Charlotte.

Pop

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
Gosh Sawman THEY LET YOU OUT! I lived in Johnson City for a short while. That area is a great place. I thought about Mountain City, but decided to stay in Charlotte.

Pop
get a lot worried; there were 2 check points going in and out, and they checked the inside of my truck thoroughly, including inside my duffle bags, shaving kit, dirty clothes bag, lunch box, thermos, and that was the truck, I'm not going to describe what I personally had to submit to, but yet the load didn't pay any more than a load of salt, which I've also hauled from somewhere in southern central New York State, after a very heavy snow fall--it was beautiful!

Tim Sherwood

Tim
Corporate Member
Welcome to the group, and the South, Bill. I know your area well. I once had a boat on Lake Watauga. That's the prettiest mountain lake I've ever been on.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS