Help Wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Yes I know you may have already replied to the original thread on volunteers, but please forgive me. I need to do this again. This is for volunteers for people who can hang around and help in general. Talk to people about who we are. On Saturday in the morning from 9:30 until noon. PhilS will need an assistant to help him wit his demo. He will be building a wood strip canoe.

Please post here, but be as specific as you can be. What day(s) and what's hours can you be available. I'm sorry, but the truth of the matter is that " I might be there some time until I get bored":rotflm: is not much of a help.

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
I plan on getting there mid-morning (10-11) Saturday and staying until we have the trailer packed and ready to roll.

I don't have any demo skills, but would be happy to talk to people about NCWW or the Outreach Program. Put me on the schedule for whenever you need me, but I would also like a little time to wander around the show.

Bill

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
Steve, minor correction My demo of how to build a strip canoe will be Friday not Saturday fro 10 to 12 Thanks

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
I will be there all day Thursday afternoon, Friday and at least 1/2 day on Saturday.

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
I still plan on being there all day Friday and Saturday depending on my job. I will be glad to man the information booth as needed both days. But please remember my job may change my attendance. Just a mild chance, but a chance. I will post more positive info as the date grows closer.

Last edited:

Partman

Danny
Corporate Member
I will be there all day Friday and Saturday. Will hang around and help in general.

Danny

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
Ken of Cary has stepped up and agreed to help with the canoe build demo on Friday from 10 to 12. thanks ken

Willemjm

Willem
Corporate Member
I will be there Friday morning until about 3:00PM in the afternoon. If anyone needs help with anything, please let me know, will be glad to help.

Raymond

Raymond
Staff member
Corporate Member
Steve, I plan to be there before opening on Friday until closing.

+1 to what Tim said!

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
Ken of Cary has stepped up and agreed to help with the canoe build demo on Friday from 10 to 12. thanks ken

Phil and I got together this past weekend at his shop and I learned a lot about the process of building a canoe. We also found a lot of ways to secure the strips that don't work. There's a fine line between holding strong enough and being removable without tearing up the wood at the end of the process.

It was a good session though and we (Phil mostly) should have the bugs worked out by demo time. It's a fascinating process and should make for a very entertaining demo.

BTW, I'll be there through most all of the show and can help anyone else that needs a helper for their demos.

- Ken.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS