Help us celebrate Klingspor’s in Cary!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Berta

Berta
Corporate Member
We have been asked to participate at the Cary Klingspor’s I year anniversary celebration.
We will have the classroom for demos!
The trailer and the regular gang will be at the Stokes Stomp

This will be held on September 8

10am - 4pm

Bring something to show. Demonstrate hand tools! How to sharpen! Bring your latest projects.

Please sign up here.

1 Bear Republic (Steve)
2 Michael Mathews (Short Time) Demo Tippy-Tops
3 Phil S. (Short time) Demo, hand cut dovetails. Spice box to show
4 melinapex Demo, working on a chair seat. Wine rack and other to show
5 Dee2 Demo pen turning.
6 JgregJ To show Intarsia fish, simple segmented bowl and more
7 JohnnyR (Possible)
8 Mpholway (Short time)
9 DRW (donn) NCWW historian

Last edited by a moderator:

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
We need some of you to step up. Last year we had twelve members helping to show what NCWW is all about plus we were helping our best supporter, Klingspor.

Remember last years raffle. It was Klingspor that stepped up and got us that Sawstop. Now we need to give back

Klingspor will have all the equipment and benches we need. Plus I suspect we will get feed again

Here are some photos from last year:
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• thumb_DSC05320_1024.jpg
    thumb_DSC05320_1024.jpg
    285.8 KB · Views: 386
  • thumb_DSC05315_1024.jpg
    thumb_DSC05315_1024.jpg
    194.9 KB · Views: 391
  • thumb_DSC05330_1024.jpg
    thumb_DSC05330_1024.jpg
    251.4 KB · Views: 410
  • thumb_DSC05310_1024.jpg
    thumb_DSC05310_1024.jpg
    214.8 KB · Views: 398
  • thumb_DSC05313_1024.jpg
    thumb_DSC05313_1024.jpg
    167.9 KB · Views: 392

Michael Mathews

Michael
Corporate Member
I'm presently scheduled to be on-call for work that weekend. I'll see if I can coordinate to have the other guy cover for me. Otherwise, if I get called, I may have to leave...

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
I am getting a bigger plate, so I will sneak over for a few hours in the morning. I will do a demo of hand cutting dovetails without guides, plus I will bring over one of my Pennsylvania spice boxes that have a ton of dovetails - hopefully it will be done by then

Berta

Berta
Corporate Member
Even if you can’t spend all day a small amount of time is appreciated!

Be like Mike! Be like Phil! Help us out!

Berta

Berta
Corporate Member
Do you have some small-er compleated projects, carving projects, can you demo carving, hand tools. Any thing that you can “show and tell”.

Melinapex

Mark
Corporate Member
That is my dilemma. Most of the stuff I have done is pretty big. Cabinets, bookcases, built-ins, and recently a billiard chair. Have never carved or done much with hand tools.
The only thing I can think of is I am working on my second billiard chair and to make part of the seat I had to use a gouge. I could bring that and work on it there. Seems kinda boring to me, but if it helps I'm all for it.
i could bring my wine rack too. Just something to talk about I guess. That's the only other item I can carry....and only when it's empty....:(

Dee2

Board of Directors, Vice President
Gene
Staff member
Corporate Member
i can turn a pen or two if a variable speed lathe is available. Let me know.

Berta

Berta
Corporate Member
That is my dilemma. Most of the stuff I have done is pretty big. Cabinets, bookcases, built-ins, and recently a billiard chair. Have never carved or done much with hand tools.
The only thing I can think of is I am working on my second billiard chair and to make part of the seat I had to use a gouge. I could bring that and work on it there. Seems kinda boring to me, but if it helps I'm all for it.
i could bring my wine rack too. Just something to talk about I guess. That's the only other item I can carry....and only when it's empty....:(
Perfect! Bring the wine rack. Work on the chair seat! Can you bring the compleated chair too?

Berta

Berta
Corporate Member
i don’t know if there will be, they do sell their tools. But maybe. The trailer with our tools will be at the Stokes Stomp.
Could you Bring some of your pens, kits and turning tools just in case? If all else fails you can show and tell.

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
Sign me up to help set up or what ever needs to be done.
Thanks, very important task is for somebody to meet and greet the visitors and tell them what NCWW is all about. Plus I will have dovetail saws and chisels available - A quick lesson and you will be ready to show others how to do it

Sign me up. Happy to help but have no idea what to bring/demo.
Thanks, very important task is for somebody to meet and greet the visitors and tell them what NCWW is all about. Plus I will have dovetail saws and chisels available - A quick lesson and you will be ready to show others how to do it

Yes, there will be a variable speed lathe available. I will let you know the model

tri4sale

Daniel
Corporate Member
thanks for all those who can help, I'd love to demo my CNC but I don't think it would fit through the door.

JGregJ

Greg
User
I can help, don't have too much to show off, but do have a few things I can bring.
Simple (Beginners) Intarsia Fish
Simple Segmented Bowl
Pen/Pencil
Turned Towel holder made from chunk of oak tree
Maybe a christmas ornament, if I can dig them out of the attack.

But mostly, I do enjoy talking with folks about the hobby and more than happy to talk about the joys of ncwoodworker.net

golfdad

Co-director of Outreach
Dirk
Corporate Member
I can be there for a half a day at least. I can do the meet and greet

Last edited:

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
What time are you starting? Last time we went to breakfast at I-Hop in Cary. Only a few minutes away. Might be something to consider.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS