Help!!! Someone please stop me...

Status
Not open for further replies.

cskipper

Cathy
Got the new Creative Woodworks & Crafts magazine yesterday. The owl picture on the front cover has me salivating. I've been studying the pattern, planning the cuts - and I don't even like owls (well, actually I have no opinion on owls). Life was so much easier when a simple trivet with a few inside cuts would be enough challenge. Please, someone stop me - I have to work and sleep sometime in order to support my habit!!!!!

sawduster

New User
Robert
OK, deep breathe ......hold 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10 ..release , repeat , make tent with fingers , chant ohmmmmmmmmm
Awww heck, your mind had already dropped the glove , ya might as well go for it :mrgreen:
sorry for being an enabler, but I can't wait to see what you do with it :thumbs_up

It is an awesome pattern , but too busy for me . I fight it by keeping the mag flipped over so I can't see it :gar-La;.
I did, however do one of the mini clocks ( #2 ) in walnut and cedar for a little " instant gratification " over the weekend ....pics soon I hope

CarvedTones

Board of Directors, Vice President
Andy
Whatever you do, be sure not to look at any images like this:
B752.jpg

and no, I didn't make one of those. But the plan for it might be here:

http://www.foxchapelpublishing.com/client/Scroll-Saw-Patterns.cfm

I am providing that link purely so you will recongize the URL in the future. You really shouldn't go look at all those intricate plans.

If I can be of further service, please let me know. :gar-Bi

lottathought

New User
Michael
It is now a moral imperative that you make this owl.
You will wish you had a never feel complete until you do.

:gar-Bi

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
I suspect this is more serious than even Cathy knows. This is the first documented case of this mutation of WoodGuy Disease. It's called GSM (Gotta Scroll More) Syndrome. There is no known cure. There are several victims among our group. The photo that Andy posted above, is just the result of a more advanced case.

Ray

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
I suspect this is more serious than even Cathy knows. This is the first documented case of this mutation of WoodGuy Disease. It's called GSM (Gotta Scroll More) Syndrome. There is no known cure. There are several victims among our group. The photo that Andy posted above, is just the result of a more advanced case.

Ray

Yes WGD has many side effects like GSM, GTM (Gotta Turn More), GCM (Gotta Carve More), and GBM (Gotta Build More). The only way to treat these is to stop all other activity and let these run their course (40 or 50 years).

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Yes WGD has many side effects like GSM, GTM (Gotta Turn More), GCM (Gotta Carve More), and GBM (Gotta Build More). The only way to treat these is to stop all other activity and let these run their course (40 or 50 years).

:rotflm::rotflm::rotflm:

skeeter

New User
Charles
Cathy, just go for it!! A challenge is just a project you haven't started yet. Before long, I'll be joining the group in saying "WOW!! How did you do that?"

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
I'll stop by this afternoon and pick up all your tools. You can have 'em back in a couple of years, when you are more in control.

BTW - work, sleep, overrated if you ask me :)

Glennbear

Glenn

Thank you Dr. Scott for labeling the side effects, made it much easier to self diagnose. I now know that I have GBM which is keeping me from finishing the shop so I can actually start setting up machines. BTW, the main disease is definitely rampant since I am expecting 2 large brown trucks this week loaded with goodies. :swoon:

Don Sorensen

New User
Butch
Ack! Is that a Jeff Zafino? nah, not intricate enough. So go ahead and knock it out this weekend, Cathy.

"you can do it!"

cskipper

Cathy
Whatever you do, be sure not to look at any images like this:
B752.jpg

and no, I didn't make one of those. But the plan for it might be here:

http://www.foxchapelpublishing.com/client/Scroll-Saw-Patterns.cfm

I am providing that link purely so you will recongize the URL in the future. You really shouldn't go look at all those intricate plans.

If I can be of further service, please let me know. :gar-Bi

Gosh, just what I needed You help for my future reference is appreciated in the spirit is was given.:rotflm:

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Just go for it and after all is said and done you will look back and wonder why you didn't start sooner.

:thumbs_up

Tracy

CarvedTones

Board of Directors, Vice President
Andy
No stopping Cathy! I think you can handle that with no problem!

toc_cover.gif

GO FOR IT!!!

Wow - I think I would have to put a sheet of veneer with really busy grain on top first. That way my glue lines wouldn't show up as badly. :wrolleyes:

jerrye

New User
Jerry
:laugh: Must be time to get a new signature line!
It really bites when supposed "friends" throw your own mantra up in your face, doesn't it?:nah:

Oh BTW, START NOW so we can get the obligatory WOWs and NICE JOBs coming your way!:gar-Bi

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
I too say "GO FOR IT" Cathy. :wav:

You certainly would master it and have folks lining up at your door for one!!:thumbs_up:thumbs_up:thumbs_up

(Just don't try to complete it all in one sitting!!!:eusa_naug)

I am sure that you are up for the challenge!:notworthy:

Wayne

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS