HELP on DELTA UNISAW

Status
Not open for further replies.

dupont6480

New User
Tim
I am thinking about traveling 4-5 hours to see a 4-5 year old UNISAW for sale. The individual is going through a divorce (been there) and will let it go for $1,000.00. States less than 80 hours home use on it. Sending me pictures and more information today. Question is if I decide to purchase; what is required to prepare it for travel in a PU truck bed?? Also any input on the 04-06 models??? Thanks Tim:dontknow:

Makinsawdust

New User
Robert
I've got an 05 model. No issues that I'm aware of at this point and I've used mine pretty much every day since Sept. 2005.
To make things easier in load and unload, you'll need to take the extension table, rails, fence and wings off of the saw. Nothing but about 20 minutes worth of work and need just a few sockets plus a drill driver.

manfre

New User
Manfre
A blanket or cardboard to sit it on to prevent scratching the bottom of the saw and your truck (not needed if it is on a mobile base). A few ratcheting straps to hold it down snug and a tarp to hedge against water.

Sully

New User
jay
Chock the motor with a block of wood. Ease it up to the tailgate of the truck and flip it over onto it's top. To remove, slide it out to the edge and flip it back down onto it's base. If you can remove the motor, even better, but not absolutely necessary.

$0.02
J

Guy in Paradise

New User
Guy Belleman
Ratchet straps

Ratchet straps over the top are the greatest. Dollars well spent. I transported many tools and the straps work the best. Two side-to-side and two front to back and the saw will not go anywhere. Of course, I always add several more ropes due to my cautious nature. Drive smoothly. I make a stop every hour, or so, to check security, and I have never had to do anything to the ratchet straps once in place. I wouldn't put the straps over the extended table portion unless there is a support leg to take the stress. I laid one tool down on its side, thinking that several blankets would be good, but still got some rub spots in the surface. Keeping the tool upright prevents this, but some tools, like a tablesaw and jointer, are definitely very top heavy and require a good plan.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS