Help! Need 1x8 Western Red Cedar in Clear or "Near Clear" and Vertical Grain in Raleigh

bradesp

New User
Brad
Hi guys,

Any ideas who near Raleigh, or for that matter, anywhere in North Carolina might be able to supply some VERY nice 1x8 Western Red Cedar in Select or Architectural Clear in Vertical Grain?

Thanks!

Brad

Henry W

Henry
Corporate Member
Have you tried Capitol City Lumber? Call them to inquire. They're not cheap, but the carry a wide range of products.

DSWalker

David
Corporate Member
Southern woods lumber in Four Oaks has some Western Red. I recently bought a 1"x6" from them. Not sure about the 8" or the other 2 requirements. You could certainly give them a call to find out. 919-963-2233

Edited to add: There is also this place. I've never been there, but my contractor used them for a lot of supplies on my recent addition.

http://www.westerncedarsupply.com/

Located near I-40 and Hwy 42. Exit #312 Name alone would lend you to think they had lots of WRC.

Last edited:

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Lowes in Garner stocks Western Red ceder. I bought some last fall to do a box in on HVAC line set. As for grade, it's a pick your own. Some of the other Lowes may also stock some.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
The Hardwood Store in Gibsonville had a lot last time I was there.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS