Help getting a wide board s2s

Status
Not open for further replies.

manfre

New User
Manfre
I picked up an 11" wide piece of 8/4 hard maple that I need to s4s to 10.5" wide. I have a 10" jointer/planer combo and a block plane. After about 90 minutes, I have a well tuned block plane, a giant blister on my thumb, and about half of one side of the shorter board is "mostly flat" ™.

Anyone willing to let me bring two boards (10 linear feet total) to your shop to get them s2s?

IMG_20131007_220556.jpg

Charlie

Charlie
Corporate Member
Manfre, I live off Lake Wheeler Road, just south of the lake. I have a 12" jointer and a 15" planer. Come on over. I am now just heading out the door but will be back in my shop in about 2 hours. Send me a PM if you are interested.

gfernandez

Gonzalo
Corporate Member
Manfre,
I am in W. Cary and will be home tomorrow after 1pm or so. I'd be happy to help, just let me know.

MarkE

Mark
Corporate Member
If those offers don't work you can bring them by my shop and run them through my15" planer. I don't have a jointer that plugs in, but I can get the edges square to the face.

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
You've already got a number of offers, but I also have a 15" spiral planer that you're welcome to use. Let me know if you need me.

Gotta love this group for being helpful.

- Ken.

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
This is the type of thing that makes this site unique. A member posts a need for assistance and in just a shade over two hours there are four friends willing to help. I like reading posts like this. That is what keeps me coming here every day.:thumbs_up:thumbs_up

Jeff

New User
Jeff
Mike,

I love this stuff. Make the rounds and make it thinner. Chit-chat and enjoy the comraderie.

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
Mike brought the boards over this morning and we got them milled to both sides flat on the Grizzly 15". We had a nice chat (after we took off the ear-muffs and turned off the planer.) He also brought the wife some freshly laid eggs from his coop. Didn't expect that - much appreciated.

- Ken.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS