Help for the beginner

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodbutcher

New User
Kevin
For the many of you that are like me, still in the novice class. Budget may be a big factor when buying power tools. Like everyone I want something decent, but I don't have big bucks. I have this saw. It is working well for me and I hope this review will help some of you. http://www.newwoodworker.com/bt3100rvu.html

Let the chips fly.

R

rickc

I used the predecessor for a while, the BT3000. It too served well until I decided to upgrade. I have it for sale at this time. Price is negotiable, check out the first post in this thread: Ryobi BT3000 For Sale

PeteM

Pete
Corporate Member
. . . and don't forget to check out the bt3central website. Lots of good info there :!:

pete

Inflatable Screen Door

New User
David Maida
IMHO you are better off with a used contractors saw. I'm not a big fan of the BT3. I admit the BT3 is not nearly as bad as the cheap benchtop models and it has some nice features like the sliding table, but it's not is the same leauge with a real contractor's saw. Heavy duty table saws with cast iron tops are built to last a lifetime. Often older used saws are just as good as new ones. You should have no problem scoring a used craftsman contractors saw for under 200.00 or a delta with a unifence for 300.00.

So for 300.00 would you like a brand new BT3 or a used delta contractors saw?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS