Hello

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricS

Eric
Senior User
Hello fellow makers of the dust, My name is Eric Smith. I live in Catawba, NC wife 2kids and one on the way, I have been around wood my whole life in one way or another.Trim carpenter, framer, and presently (the past 12 years) shop foreman at a cabinet shop in Cornelius.Im finally getting around to putting together my own shop to do some traditional woodworking and joinery anything that involves real wood.I recently purchased a '59 Delta Unisaw that I stripped down(total overhaul) and am waiting to paint, as soon as the weather allows. I also bought a '56 Delta 6" jointer and a beautiful '63 Delta 46-111 lathe complete with stand and original turning tools and accessories(Mint condition).I do need some lessons on the lathe. I love that old Arn.
They just don't make them like they use to.My shop at home is a work in progress. Im converting my barn into my shop with a finished size of 30x16. I have already meet a few of you at the Hillsborough tool show (a great bunch of guys) and look forward to meeting a bunch more of you.

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Welcome Eric, great to have you join. I look forward to seeing your input and some pics of your work.

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
Hi Eric,

Welcome to our pile-o-sawdust. Sounds as if you're putting together a shop with some terrific tools. Love to see a few photos. You'll hear, I'm sure, that we do love photos here... tools, shops, projects, piles of woodchips... anything. Again, welcome.

SGalley

New User
Scott W. Galley
Welcome to the site. Pleeeeaaaase upload some pics of the vintage tools. I'd love to see them. If I had the room, I would be doing the same. May I ask where you found them?

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
Glad to have you Eric. With your background I am sure you will have some good input. If your in Raleigh send me a PM and I'll walk you through some turning (though I am FAR from the most skilled at it here!)

MrAudio815

New User
Matthew
Welcome to the site Eric,

You have found a great site~! Many friends can be made through this site~!

And some great info/advice~! Will be looking forward to reading your post/reply's~!

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
Welcome, Eric. You will find a few members also enjoy restoring old iron. Paging Sully, paging Sully...

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Welcome to the site, Eric!!!:icon_thum

Glad to see you join us and look forward to your future contributions.

Wayne

M

McRabbet

Welcome to the sawdust pile, Eric -- I recall meeting you at the M-WTCA meet in Hillsborough and am glad you've joined us here. We look forward to seeing some pics of your work and your shop as it progresses. Sounds like you are well on your way with those restoration efforts!

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
Welcome Eric! Great meeting in Hillsborough. Glad you uncloaked and look forward to seeing some pics of thoese refurb'd mochines.

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Welcome to the site Eric. :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap I'm glad to hear that you're getting your shop up and running. Can't wait to see some pics of it. :icon_thum

sapwood

New User
Roger
Hello again, Eric!
Enjoyed chatting with you at MWTCA and look forward to your input here :icon_thum

Roger

EricS

Eric
Senior User
Welcome to the site. Pleeeeaaaase upload some pics of the vintage tools. I'd love to see them. If I had the room, I would be doing the same. May I ask where you found them?
SGalley I usually keep a vigilant eye out on different local auctions, CL and the Iwanna. Leave no stone unturned.Word of mouth is good also. I put a pic up of my lathe.
Thanks for the welcome everyone.
Eric

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS