Hello from VA

Status
Not open for further replies.

jg2259

Jim
Senior User
Hi All,
I hope my being from Virginia doesn't cast a dark shadow on me belonging to this forum i have just found this site and I really love it. I am 62 yrs old and have been woodworking as a hobby for almost 2 years. I do have some skills, as I went through a 5 year apprenticeship as a patternmaker, and worked one year as a journeyman, before the company closed the doors and moved all manufacturing to the corporate headquarters in Texas. I did not want to move and I didn't pursue the trade because even with 5 years of training and one year of actual experience, I didn't feel qualified to call myself a patternmaker. The trade is one of the most mind numbing, difficult, trades that you could imagine. I just didn't have the confidence to try to obtain employment in the trade.
However the training left me with some skills and a desire to work with wood. It took me 18 years to finally have a place that had room for a shop. So here I am, reading all the expertise from the experienced furniture woodworkers here, who I hope to learn from. And hopefully, I might be able to give advice someday.

Jim

Michael Mathews

Michael
Corporate Member
Welcome Jim! Use this group as your ultimate resource. There are some wonderful, knowledgeable, friendly people associated here. Nice to have you aboard.
Michael

jg2259

Jim
Senior User
Hi Carl, i live in Ashland.
Thanks Michael, I have already learned so much from reading the forums and hope to read back even further into some of the discussions.

Jim

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Welcome to the site Jim. Glad you found us and decided to join. NCWW is all about sharing experiences and learning from each other.

jg2259

Jim
Senior User
Thank you all for the welcome. I'm excited to be a part of such friendly and knowledgable group. I have started posting some pics of my shop but I'm not sure it's working. Last time I posted about 5 pics, but only 1 uploaded

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS