Hello from RTP / Raleigh

Status
Not open for further replies.

BSHuff

New User
Brian
Hey all, Wanted to say hello.

I have been working wood for about 15 years. I also enjoy metal work as well. Like to mix the mediums a lot. I am a tool junkie, and have been adding to my hand tool collection as of late. Recently gained appreciation of good hand planes, it is a disease!

I am a former Navy, Nuclear Reactor operator on submarines. Currently I am a network engineer/computer geek.

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
Brian, welcome to NCWW! Based upon your intro, it sounds like you'll fit in just fine with this crowd!

I too like to mix working with metal and wood; though I must confess that it's usually not together on the same project; rather some mornings I am doing metal working and some afternoons wood working, etc.

When you have a moment, please post some pix of your work; this crowd really likes photos!

Scott

woodArtz

New User
Bob
It's a small world Mr. Huff. Long time no see. Welcome to the group! :icon_thum I know you will enjoy your time here on the forum. It's a great bunch of folks.

I got my two maple top benches from Brian years ago when we worked together. This fella' is a jack of all trades! :icon_thum Great to have him on board.

Bob Mascarella

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Welcome to the site, Brian!:icon_cheers

Looking forward to your future posts and seeing some pictures of your work.

Wayne

eyekode

New User
Salem
Welcome Brian,
We have a lot in common. I seriously considered the NUPOC when I graduated. I am now a computer geek in Apex with a growing interest in hand tools :).
Salem

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Welcome to our little corner of the www world. You will find so many great friends here.

merrill77

Master Scrap Maker
Chris
Welcome to the site! I work in the park, coming in from the north side of Raleigh. We occasionally get together in/near RTP for lunch - join us some time!

sushinutnc

New User
Mike
Welcome, Brian...and fellow TechShop junkie. I've been an "occasional woodworker" off and on for years, but never really had the chance to mess with metal much until I got involved with TechShop. Ironically, the first metal work I did was about 6 mos ago when I made a wood lathe tool, and I did that in my home shop. Also an RTP computer geek.

Good to see you here now.

BSHuff

New User
Brian
Wow, didn't expect the big welcome. Glad to meet you all...

that is except Bob :slap:... Been a long time since we were cube neighbors, I almost completely forgot about those benches! Glad they are getting good use.

Glennbear

Glenn
Welcome Brian, I too mess around with various media. Sometimes metal sparks are flying in my shop and sometimes sawdust. I find your background interesting since my daughter and SIL both work for Electric Boat. :wsmile:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS