Hello from Murphy, NC

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Hey Mac, glad you could join (us as a registered member) :lol: :lol: What's your woodworking interests? D'oh, I guess I could have read your bio 1st :eusa_doh:
Dave:)

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
Hi Mac,

Welcome to the NCWW site. Tell us some more about what kinds of woodworking you like to do and maybe something about some of your projects.

Be sure to start a photo album. We do love pictures here.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Ray

Greybeard

New User
Pat
Hi Mac,
Welcome to the best woodworking site on the www! Glad to have you on board. By all means post some pictures of your past and current projects. We love pictures!! :)

mac martin

New User
mac
thanks for the warm welcome.

Will post some pictures soon as I get this site down.

Currently working on getting my "shop" in order, stacking up some lumber\wood (cherry, red and white oap,) i just recently "acquired" from a "to be burned" pile - would you believe, some 14-16" wide. go figger.

Have played around with a lot of woodworking over the years - turnings, scrollwork, furniture indoor and out, carving in past. Started with my uncle riving cedar shingles with froe, drawknife, and spoke shave - haven't gotten it out of my system yet, even after 55 years.

Currently working on some skills in coopering and chairs. Looking for the associeted tools, if any are around. ?Any suggestions?

So, enough for now, got to run, but will be back soon.

Thanks again for the welcome. Feels like home.

Best - Mac:-D

michaelgarner

New User
Michael
Mac,
Glad to have you on board. We look forward to pics of your work and feel free to jump in on the discussions here. Be blessed friend.

M

McRabbet

Welcome to the site, fellow 'westerner'! Glad you found us and I'm sure you'll find this to be a pleasurable forum to attend. I've been a member since last November and have found all sorts of good information and fine folks here. Hopefully, you can travel east to the Asheville area once a month to join many others of us that have formed the Western NC Woodworkers Association. In your User Controls, you'll find Group Memberships -- request to join the WNCWA and we'll keep you on our meeting list. Our next meeting will be on Saturday, October 7th at the shop of one of our newer members and our topic will be Shop Layout and Setup. Check out our website at www.wncwa.org for more details.

Rob

Terry

New User
Terrence P. Rielly
Hi Mac,

Welcome to the Sawdust Pile. Glad you found us and hope you join us often.. Terry:new_smili :sign4:

nelsone

New User
Ed
Welcome Mac. Soulds liek ou are into some traditional WW. I am also interested, but haven't had the opportunity to do much. Mostly because I'm working on gathering more traditional tools. I'm definitely looking forward to seeing what you are doing! The guys here are helpful and quite supportive. I'm sure you'll enjoy the forum!

first time here - so Greeting everyone:)

sapwood

New User
Roger
Welcome Mac,

We love having new members and the diversity they bring. :)

Looking forward to you input on the site,
Roger

ashley_phil

Phil Ashley
Corporate Member
good to hear the internet has made it to murphy! I grew up outside murphy. there's another guy on here from culhowee that married a lady from culberson. we should do a wwer get together at the folk school some time!

mac martin

New User
mac
Starting back - need to torn some legs for a shaving horse I'm completing. then its on to spindles for chaires - finally got some good oak and hickory to turn.
Will post pics when its finished.
Mac

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS