Hello from Lexington,NC

Status
Not open for further replies.

PChristy

New User
Phillip
Hi, Otto Matic said that I need to come here and introduce myself. I have been doing Scroll saw art off and on for fifteen years but for the last four years I have really been hitting it hard. I think that I love doing the Fret work the most but I am up to the challenge of Intarsia.

I do alot of my work in a 10x14 building in the back yard. I pray that one day I will beable to get a bigger building so that I can give this one back to my wife.

I go to Lexington Community Church where I play the Bass in the Praise and Worship band alone with my wife who sings. We have three lovely children and one wonderful grandson. Who I hope to teach the art of Scrolling. He is a little bit to young at 18 months

I do house construction and I would guess everyone knows how that industry is going right now.

sapwood

New User
Roger
Welcome to NCWWer, Phillip!
We have an active group of scrollers on the forum. However, I lack the skill, patience, and tools :mrgreen: We look forward to seeing pics of your projects, shop, family, and/or pets and sharing woodworking knowledge :icon_thum

Enjoy,
Roger

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
Welcome Philip. We love to see pictures. BTW we have a Woodartz here already. To save confusion you might want a different handle. :eusa_thin

Doug

nelsone

New User
Ed
Welcome Phillip! Glad to have you join! I admire you scrollers! I don't seem to have the patience! Of course I say that and I want to take a shot at marquetry, which I'm guessing will require even more patience!!! Everyone loves pics, so please upload some soon for us to enjoy!

NZAPP1

New User
Nick
Welcome to the friendliest woodworking site on the Internet. I am right RT150 from you in Clemmons. We are a picture loving group so please upload some to your album. There are a great bunch of scroll sawers here.:eusa_danc

Tar Heel

New User
Stuart
Welcome Phillip to a great site and a great group of guys & gals. Look forward to you participation and show us some pics of your work.

PChristy

New User
Phillip
Thanks everyone - I don't know what happened - I hit my Backspace button and it seemed to have erased everyone message - I would love to share some pictures but I can't figure out how to do it :BangHead:

PChristy

New User
Phillip
Yes I seen that there was already a WoodArtz in the area - I would change mine if I can figure that one out too :rotflm:

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
Yes I seen that there was already a WoodArtz in the area - I would change mine if I can figure that one out too :rotflm:

Phillip, if you PM DaveO (a senior moderator) or one of the admins here, they should be able to change your name for you. Just let 'em know what you want.

lemme see if I can find the link to the FAQ about picture galleries and pic posting....

Bulk photo uploads.

Welcome to the forum!

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Welcome Phillip, I am glad that you could join us. If you would like to change your user name, I can take care of that for you. But I think that we could discern between Bob (Woodartz) and Phillip (WoodArt) easily enough, so no pressure.
I look forward to your input in the forum and hopefully seeing some pics of your work.
Dave:)

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Welcome Phillip!:wsmile::wsmile:

So glad you could join in our woodworking frolics. Sure would like to see some pictures of your work, shop and your scrolling gear. As others have mentioned, we do have quite a few scroller's here at the site now.

Jump into the dialog and by all means have fun and enjoy this great bunch of sawdusters!:icon_thum

Wayne

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Phillip, welcome to the friendliest group of sawdust makers gathered in one place. I am just across the Yadkin from you and am originally from Lexington. I look forward to seeing some of your work as well as meeting you. Maybe we can do breakfast one Saturday. I have been thinking about getting a local group together for breakfast again soon.

PChristy

New User
Phillip
Thanks Pete for the info - newtowood - that sounds great - I have been wanting to get together with some fello scrollers in the area- I was beginning to think that I was the only one around - Thanks again everyone

PChristy

New User
Phillip
Thanks Tracy, I am working on a family of elephants now and will be working on a family of giraffes - My wife wants to have a wall of African animals - I need to find a Zebra family

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Wow Phillip, very nice work :eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Majestic_Duo1_3_.jpg

Did you do the framing also?

I recon' I'll welcome you again, now as "PLC'woodart",
I hope I got it right :eusa_thin

Dave:)

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
WOW it did not take long for you to find us. Welcome to the best and most friendly woodworking site on the planet. Your work is great. :eusa_clap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS