Hello from Fayetteville

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wooly

New User
Doug
I ran across this site when I decided I would like to get into wood working. Being that I've never actually done any kind of wood working short of shop class back in school I found a wealth of knowledge while scrolling through these forums. I've always been interested in building things and would much rather do the job myself than farm it out to a contractor so my interest stemmed from all my home remodeling projects I've taken on myself. My wife has a chest her Grandfather made as well as a doll house and I got to thinking how cool it would be to have a few pieces made by my own hands to give to our children (she is pregnant with our first) and to have them pass them down to their kids. Right now I am delving into making end grain butcherblock tables simply cause I love the look and utility of them and plan to make a large traditional one for my father-in-law. Him and my mother-in-law bought me a table saw, mitre saw, wet tile saw, and a DeWalt 18V power tool set from a gentleman up my street who was cleaning out his garage in preparations for a move so I thought making something for him would be a nice way to show my appreciation.

My woodshop is my garage currently so I really don't have much room and have to do the bulk of my work out front in the driveway but I make do. In any event, it's good to meet all of you and I will definitely post pictures of my projects as they take shape.

- Doug

Raymond

Raymond
Staff member
Corporate Member
A late introduction is better than none! Welcome, Doug, to the virtual sawdust pile.

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
Welcome to NCWW, Doug. While space is limited for your shop, do small projects, or divide large projects into small parts that can be done in your shop.

Bryan S

Bryan
Another welcome Doug. Do not be shy here, feel free to join in a conversation or ask away. You will find many knowledgeable folks here and always someone willing to help out.

skysharks

New User
John Macmaster
Welcome to the family. We are close well I live in Eastover, which is close. Stop by sometime or drop me aline if you need help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS