Heart pine

joec

joe
User
I am looking for around five or six, 1X6 heart pine boards. I have called several suppliers but no luck so far. I am in Wilmington and have called Pittsboro and Gibsonville. Anyone know a place that stocks some HP boards?

Jeff

New User
Jeff
I am looking for around five or six, 1X6 heart pine boards. I have called several suppliers but no luck so far. I am in Wilmington and have called Pittsboro and Gibsonville. Anyone know a place that stocks some HP boards?

Who did you contact in Pittsboro? I've gotten heart pine from these folks in Pittsboro.

joec

joe
User
It was the company that you contacted as well. They want to produce the boards after I give them an order and I was hoping I could go somewhere and pick out what I wanted that would match the surrounding HP. It seemed they did not stock any inventory of already cut lumber.

Henry W

Henry
Corporate Member
Doesn't Anchor (rest of name?) in Wilmington stock heartwood pine. When they had a store in Raleigh I recall HP in stock.
Now whether they carried 1x6, I can't recall that specifically.

If you can't find what you need - I have 5-6 boards that are 8/4, 5" wide I believe, and 8-10' long. Not wide enough if you NEED 1x6... but could be resawn. I bought in Pittsboro (sawn for me in a batch) a few years back and these have been surplus to me for awhile.
Not an easy find if you are trying to 'match' colors etc, as color can be all over the map for HP.

joec

joe
User
I am doing the windows today and will know what I need exactly, but think I will need some 1X6 and 1X8s. Anchor does not have anything. I have called everywhere in the Wilmington area (even some cabinet shops) and no luck. Probably 3 each of the 1x8x8' and 1x6x8'

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS