Health

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
I keep fooling myself, thinking I will get better. I won’t.

It’s all I can do to live day to day, I will do that as long as I can.

On good days I will try to make some small things.

I can teach one on one in my shop, if I’m able to sit a lot and take things in my own time.

Maybe I can work another 5 to 7 years, good thing I have special rare skills that keep me
employed.

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
On your good days, you are really good. And a pleasure to be around. I consider you one of my mentors - I've learned a lot from you. Hang in there. You are a valuable person to a lot of people.

cmboggs

Chris
User
Mike,
Thanks for teaching me the fine art of sharpening. Every time I sharpen my chisels, by hand, the simple techniques you taught me will always be present. As you know sharp tools make for great work.

On the hand, that boat anchor of a miter saw you gave me....

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Mike,
Thanks for teaching me the fine art of sharpening. Every time I sharpen my chisels, by hand, the simple techniques you taught me will always be present. As you know sharp tools make for great work.

On the (other) hand, that boat anchor of a miter saw you gave me....
Good and bad in all things...

Sealeveler

Tony
Corporate Member
Sorry to hear that Mike. From what I've seen on here you are a true artist. I know how you feel. Don't let it get you down. I spend all of my time in the bed or a couch.

Tony

mdbuntyn

Matt
Staff member
Corporate Member
I hate to hear that it has gotten to this point Mike, but you have to keep pounding

Dreuxgrad

Ed
Senior User
Hope can get some more fulfillment, and are able to pass on what you can.
Thank you for what you have done for this group and for me individually.
Ed

Graywolf

Board of Directors, President
Richard
Staff member
Corporate Member
Mike, I'm sorry you're having to adjust to a new reality. I do know you have a lot of good knowledge to share and pass on. If you haven't thought of it already you should write about this stuff. Woodworking and the sign painting. It's all interesting. I know learning is better done in person, but the writing is a great supplement. So give it some thought. With all that said, I'd like it very much if you could have your health back. In the mean time do what you can and we will be thinking of you.

Oka

Casey
Corporate Member
Hang In Mike ........ Faith and Hope ....... remember to keep forgiveness in your heart . These help me everyday

As a survivor of a electrocution 25 years ago, and now a stroke last year ........ well that part sucks. What is good is the body is remarkable especially with a positive outlook. Age is the enemy ......... but that is life ........ always Godspeed.

gator

George
Corporate Member
I hear you Mike. I'm in the middle of fighting Medicare for oxygen for my COPD. They have so many i's to dot and t's to cross I probably won't need it when it gets approved.

George

RayH

New User
Ray
Mike (and Gator) I have learned after 10 years of fighting the "monster" that the best approach is "Illegitimi non carborundum"

My best wished to both of you.
Ray

golfdad

Co-director of Outreach
Dirk
Corporate Member
Praying here for your health to improve. You have shared a lot of knowledge with all of us at NCWW. Thankyou

walnutjerry

Jerry
Senior User
I hear you Mike. I'm in the middle of fighting Medicare for oxygen for my COPD. They have so many i's to dot and t's to cross I probably won't need it when it gets approved.

George
I did not wait on Medicare---------I bit the bullet and bought a portable oxygen concentrator about 3 weeks ago. I do not work near as hard to breath when I use it. COPD sucks!! Sorry to hear your woes Mike---I know you will make the best of it

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Most of us do not worry about our health until we start having issues. The new normal says it is not the Golden Years but the Rust Years. Take everyday as a Blessings. There is good in every day. We sometimes just need to look harder to find it.

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
I truly value your friendship Mike, and pray that it continues for many more years. As Richard said above, you possess writing talents, great wisdom, and knowledge of many things and skills; combine that all together and write stories about it all to the edification of us here, and perhaps to a broader field, you'll just need to see where it might lead. Prayers for you and your family Mike, and we'll be talking again soon.

Grimmy2016

Administrator
Scott
Mike. Thanks for all the lessons and demonstrations. Thanks for the encouragement but thank you most for the friendship. I hope what ails you is curable and that you can get back to the woodworking at your pace.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS