Headlight for Close up Work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flute Maker

Mike
User
I am looking for a good head light for some close up work.I am not sure what to get.I wont something that will last a while and be good....something that fits well ...Just not sure what to get..Interested in what you guys might be using. I dont mind paying a little extra but be good to find a good one cheaper too...From what I have read if you get the higher lumen ones they eat up batteries...Rechargeable would be good....Just thinking right now//Any help would be appreciated.!

jerrye

New User
Jerry
I have used this one for various things, and find it a good option. A nice feature is that it unclips from the headband and can be mounted by the included magnet to metal near where I am working.

Henry W

Henry
Corporate Member
I use this one around the house when working in poorly lit places (I like the 3 lighting options):

https://m.grainger.com/mobile/produ...wcid=AL!2966!3!216788409968!!!g!297298169175!

Im not sure about the 3 star reviews, given there are no reviews listed on the page?!?

I have one that I don't use too often, but the one Zach points out here looks like it has the features I'd want - 3 light levels, and spot, broad-beam, or both. Looks like a great lamp. Only down side I see is that 200 Lumens isn't the brightest (might be fine, I do not know what my own headlamp is rated at). I would prefer double that, and then be able to have 3 light levels. All depends on your needs.

Mrfixit71

Board of Directors, Treasurer
Rich
Staff member
Corporate Member
Lowes has several Energizer lights with different lumen outputs. I've just replaced one that was 5-6 old and have been happy with it.

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
We had an internet service tech at our house a couple months ago and he was wearing one I really liked. I asked him what brand it was. He said "Coast". After trying several different types, he liked this brand the best. I saw them at Home Depot last week and bought this one to try.

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Surprisingly, the freebie from HF is a good light. It's very bright and uses AA bateries. Puts out a lot more light than my old Energizer. Quality may not be best for long run, but price can't be beat.

Bear Republic

Steve
Corporate Member
You can check at Lowes & Home Depot, they have all sorts of lights. They have a couple of headlights. The low weight ones work pretty well for adding light. The heavier ones do better for throwing light but are more like wearing a heavy hat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS