headlamps for WWing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe Scharle

New User
Joe
I got 6 from ebay for $3.95 ea with free shipping! They are genuine plastic, they tilt, are very lightweight, very bright and the batteries seem to last a long time so far. I use them mostly on the drill press and scroll saw.

Joe Scharle

New User
Joe
Looks like this. I dont have any data on these...as I said they were $3.95 and throwaway. At the time they were also on Amazon. This one is similar.

campheadlamp.jpg

Joe Scharle

New User
Joe
Here's a pic of an actual unit I just took with my phone. Please disregard the model and you won't have nightmares!
There's some Chinese characters on it, but I can't decode them.

20161113_173626.jpg

danmart77

Dan
Corporate Member
Joe that looks kind of cool. My question: do you use this much? What type of tasks? I think a low investment head light might be worth a try. As I approach the big 65 I need all the light I can muster.

As light goes, I try to use LED when I can. One place I find the LED is better than the pigtail bulbs is carving. The LED light I use(day light) works pretty well but I still have to use old high watt incandescent lights when I need cross lighting and shadows to work around something like a shallow acanthus leaf.

The photo below is NOT my carving or wire inlay. It is the work of Wallace Gusler but its the only one I have to kind of show the task I do to decorate my longrifles. The relief as you can see is very low and unforgiving. I need all the light I can find to do this work. Unlike the builders in the 18th century, Wallace and I can continue to work under MAGNIFICATION where they were out of business for this detail once the near vision blurred.

gunsmith1.jpg

The aging builders had to drop back to rifles they could still see the bigger details like this one below. If they had an apprentice they trained to carve when the blurr came, the shop could continue to service the buyers.

cheek_taper1.jpg

lock_tape_rb.jpg

It sure is nice to have light and magnification options here in the twilight years.

Dan​

Joe Scharle

New User
Joe
Joe that looks kind of cool. My question: do you use this much? What type of tasks? I think a low investment head light might be worth a try. As I approach the big 65 I need all the light I can muster.

These are daylight LEDs too. I use mine mostly on the drill press and bandsaw and my wife keeps one near her sewing machine for threading the needle. Which is supposed to thread itself, thread itself, thread itself..... You've probably heard that before!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS