Headboard Project Finished

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluthart

New User
Brian
I actually had a chance to complete another project for a designer friend of mine. It's just a white pine headboard but it was an enjoyable build and I learned another finishing technique. I painted the headboard with white primer, beat it up with chains and sandpaper, wiped dark walnut stain, wiped down again with mineral spirits and VOILA! Instant headboard. Basic but satisfying. And she loves it.

Attachments

• unfinished headboard.jpg
    unfinished headboard.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 58
  • finished headboard.jpg
    finished headboard.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 75

Jeff

New User
Jeff
Nicely done. There appears to be little remaining traces of the white paint after the walnut stain. Your stressing technique imparted an interesting "old" appearance.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Very nicely done Brian. The finish is great and the distressing really works well.

I am right in the middle of trying to design one for my grand daughter and you have inspired me to get with it!

A couple of questions. How did you construct to posts for the headboard? And, what did you use to attach the bed frame to the headboard?

Thanks

Wayne

farmerbw

Brian
Corporate Member
Nice job Brian. :icon_thum

Wayne, if you're interested in pine I've seen 84 Lumber running some clearance ads on CL. One of them was for 4x6x10' SYP, untreated, for 6 bones each. I've been tempted but don't have a current need or storage space. :roll:

Brian.

bluthart

New User
Brian
I used a 2x4 frame and wrapped everything with pine, and the headboard is actually stand alone and against the wall. The heavy foam matress set hols it in place well. Otherwise I was going to attach it to the wall.

Very nicely done Brian. The finish is great and the distressing really works well.

I am right in the middle of trying to design one for my grand daughter and you have inspired me to get with it!

A couple of questions. How did you construct to posts for the headboard? And, what did you use to attach the bed frame to the headboard?

Thanks

Wayne

MagGeorge

New User
George
That's a cool headboard! Like the distressed look which added lots of character, very effective technique you did. Great job!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors