Has anyone here built a barrister's bookcase?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mavawreck07

New User
Andrew
They have always been one of my favorite pieces of furniture, has anyone built one? Ive decided I need one :mrgreen:.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
No I have not, I don't even know what one should look like. Just to educate an idiot, do you have any examples that you could show? Dave:)

mshel

New User
Michael Shelley
Mavawreck07 said:
They have always been one of my favorite pieces of furniture, has anyone built one? Ive decided I need one :mrgreen:.

I haven't built a complete barrister book case, but I have designed components of it into a entertainment center I built for a client in Cary. I incorporated the door movement into a faux drawer which hid their gameboys, and other stuff like that. In this photo, the faux drawer front just above the two bottom drawers lifts up and slides back just like a barrister door does. Don't mind the dust spots. LOL
erry_entertainment_center_2.jpg

Mavawreck07

New User
Andrew
DaveO said:
I just found something that might help
http://www.popularwoodworking.com/features/fea2.html
Dave:)

That is really high class style of book shelf, if I had any talent I might try one myself. Dave:)

That one looks good DaveO. I dont know if I have the talent to do it either, but looking through your gallery I am positive you could do it. Think half the battle would be just getting started on it. I know I would need a LOT of pictures.

Jay

New User
Jay
mshel,

I like the idea of the door hiding the game boys great work. It really looks good.

clowman

Clay Lowman
Corporate Member
Here is another barrister type plan. They have 2 models. I have no idea if the plans are "good" or not..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS