Hardwood stores in the Charlotte Area

Status
Not open for further replies.

pridmore

New User
Andy
I get my domestic HW lumber from Kyle Edwards at The Sawmill, LLC in the Denver area (~30 minutes from downtown). www.sawmillnc.com

He is also a member here, and a good dude.

I have also used Queen City Lumber on Weddington Ave off 7th St. They have a few domestic HW species, but they generally cater to the home building folks.

The Wurth Group is also an option. They have some exotic species in stock. They're expensive and pretty impersonal. They are like most big-ish companies. They're after the big users, not the hobbyist.

ashley_phil

Phil Ashley
Corporate Member
all good options listed above.

the hardwood store in mooresville is good (also a member)

and west penn hardwoods in hickory is well worth the drive.

LB75

George
all good options listed above.

the hardwood store in mooresville is good (also a member)

and west penn hardwoods in hickory is well worth the drive.

Phil, are you talking about The Woodworking Source in Mooresville? I tried finding The Hardwood Store and their website says they're in Gibsonville. Maybe I'm missing it, but I'd be ecstatic to find a source close to Concord.

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
The Hardware Store is in Gibsonville and is one of our advertisers - ad on the right side of most every other page. I great source but a bit of a drive from Charlotte. Just off I-40 though so easy to get to.

Rick Dinardo's shop in Morresville is also very good. He is known as the The Moulding Source, The Woodworking Source, and The Festool Source - I think he owns all three domain names on the Internet and they all redirect to his main website. Rick is a great guy to work with and can get most woods you'd want and also makes custom moulding. He also has a good selection of Festool Equipment.

http://themouldingsource.com/

The Moulding Source, Inc.
[FONT=&quot]184 Azalea Road[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Mooresville, NC 28115[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]​
Phone:
[FONT=&quot] 704.658.1111

[/FONT]

pridmore

New User
Andy
I forgot about Rick. I guess it's because I never purchased wood from him, only Festools. He is awesome, though. He spent 30 minutes talking about stuff and I didn't buy a thing. I did, however, go back and spend waaaay too much on tools later.

zapdafish

New User
Steve
Hows the lumber supply and pricing here? From the website I can't tell if they sell lumber

The Hardware Store is in Gibsonville and is one of our advertisers - ad on the right side of most every other page. I great source but a bit of a drive from Charlotte. Just off I-40 though so easy to get to.

Rick Dinardo's shop in Morresville is also very good. He is known as the The Moulding Source, The Woodworking Source, and The Festool Source - I think he owns all three domain names on the Internet and they all redirect to his main website. Rick is a great guy to work with and can get most woods you'd want and also makes custom moulding. He also has a good selection of Festool Equipment.

http://themouldingsource.com/

The Moulding Source, Inc.
[FONT=&amp]184 Azalea Road[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Mooresville, NC 28115[/FONT]
Phone:
[FONT=&amp] 704.658.1111

[/FONT]

kclark

New User
Kevin
You will not go wrong with Rick. I need to call him and get some walnut myself. Great guy. I try to buy as many toys, er tools as I can from him along with my lumber.

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
Hows the lumber supply and pricing here? From the website I can't tell if they sell lumber

Steve,

I've only bought Festool Products from Rick, so can't really say much about lumber pricing. My understanding (possibly faulty) is that he buys lumber wholesale for his moulding business and will resell that which he doesn't immediately need and that he can special order for you from his suppliers. Give him a call for details. Maybe others that have bought lumber from him can comment on price.

We've had a couple of Outreach events at his shop and he is a great host - his wife makes some really tasty cookies. Its a huge shop - we just backed the trailer inside during the event.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS