Hardboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
I don't know about Wilmington exactly, but I have gotten it a Home Depot, they also have 3/16". It's tempered, which IMO is better, smooth on one side rough on the other.
Dave:)

clowman

Clay Lowman
Corporate Member
Home Depot and Lowes sells is. All different thicknesses. 2'x2' and 2'x4' sheets that I remember. Maybe I saw some 4'x8' sheets.. but I could be mistaken..

R

rickc

I have always gotten mine at Home Depot. And I did get it in a 4x8 sheet one time as well.

Mountaincraft

New User
William
Home Depot carries the most sizes in my area. They have 1/4 in 2x2, 2x4, 2x8. They sometimes carry tempered 1/4. Also, I have seen 3/16 tempered in 2x4 sheets, as well as 1/8 (sometimes tempered, sometimes not) in varying sizes.

hpetty

New User
Hugh
Depending on your usage hold out for the tempered stuff. I covered my 4'x'8' outfeed table 3-4 years ago with tempered board. It was great. Replaced it a few weeks ago because someone had abused the surface. Both HD and Lowes were out of tempered at the time, so I got what they had. What I purchased is not acceptable. No matter how many screws I put in it, it still buckles.

Splinter

New User
Dolan Brown
Yeh, I ommitted the word "tempered" in my post. That's what I'm looking for. I have bought it in the past at Lowes but I have checked three Lowes in the area and they are not stocking it. I will check HD and see if they carry it. I like it to make patterns with it.

Splinter

New User
Dolan Brown
Found the tempered hardboard at HD today. They had it in 1 /4" sheets of 2 x 2, 2 x 4 and 1/8" in 2 x 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS