Hard maple

Status
Not open for further replies.

nn4jw

New User
Jim
I went to the Hardwood Store of NC this afternoon to pick up some hard maple to build a Moxon vise. First time I'd made the pilgrimage there. Talk about sensory overload!

Anyway, I was thinking that the Hardwood Store was one of the vendors we received a discount from but they didn't seem to know what I was talking about. So are there any vendors besides Klingspor's and the Woodworking Source who are currently participating anywhere near central NC?

AlexSwansboro

New User
Alex
I can usually get between 5-10% off at Anchor Hardwoods in Wilmington when I mention this group. I also know they have a store somewhere in Raleigh, but I have never been to it so I don't know if they have the same policies.

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Jim, The Hardwood Store does offer an NCWW discount. When you look at their pricing sheets, the price drops as you move to the right, and the board feet goes up. It usually drops about $0.10/bf. NCWW members get the next column to the right price. So if, for instance, you bought 60 bf, you would get the pricing for 100-199 bf.

Next time you go there, as to speak to Cheryl Lewis. She is a member here and will see that you get the discount.

nn4jw

New User
Jim
Jim, The Hardwood Store does offer an NCWW discount. When you look at their pricing sheets, the price drops as you move to the right, and the board feet goes up. It usually drops about $0.10/bf. NCWW members get the next column to the right price. So if, for instance, you bought 60 bf, you would get the pricing for 100-199 bf.

Next time you go there, as to speak to Cheryl Lewis. She is a member here and will see that you get the discount.

Thanks, Bill. Looking at the invoice I can tell by the board foot price (now that you've explained it to me) that I didn't get the discount. Next time I'll try what you said. On the other hand, I was just buying a few shorts today and it would have amounted to less than a dollar savings, so hardly worth pushing too hard.

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
I've never had a problem getting the discount there or over the phone. Worked the way Bill described.

- Ken.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
I can usually get between 5-10% off at Anchor Hardwoods in Wilmington when I mention this group. I also know they have a store somewhere in Raleigh, but I have never been to it so I don't know if they have the same policies.

Anchor Hardwoods has closed the Raleigh store.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS