Happy Birthday Oka

Oka

Casey
Corporate Member
Thank You All !!!!! Been a Crazy year indeed. My job got shut down because of covid Last Friday. I got my Medicard Card Monday and Now ..... the big 65 !!! I enclosed some pictures one was a couple of days ago we went to beach ...... pretty.

The other are pixs of a cribbage board I made in 1982 I think might have been 1983... anyway, my older brother and I were working in a remote part of the forest timber falling and we were holing up in this 100 yr old shack. So, one day I decided to make a cribbage board out of Manzanita. Manzanita is a bush that gets 10-12 tall and is awesome fire-starter harder than Hickory. All we had was a 7.2 Makita drill, a couple sheets of sandpaper and a Stanley hand saw. I took a trunk piece and cut it with the chain saw, then trimmed it with the hand saw,and the drilled all the holes. Finally, I made the pegs out of Q-tip shafts. We used to cut all day and play cribbage at night drinking beer under our Coleman. Great memory, just like the kindness of all of you.

BTW, I did a Yelp Review on 2020...gave it 1 Star ..."would not recommend" ..... :D

Attachments

• Cribbage (1).jpg
    Cribbage (1).jpg
    3 MB · Views: 102
  • Cribbage (2).jpg
    Cribbage (2).jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 106
  • Cribbage (3).jpg
    Cribbage (3).jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 111
  • Cribbage (4).jpg
    Cribbage (4).jpg