Happy Birthday Alan in Little Washington

Status
Not open for further replies.

Splint Eastwood

New User
Matt
Alan,

tho we've never met, you and your shop are legendary. Perhaps some day we will meet and visit your shop, for a tour!

Happy B Day! :new_birth

M

ErnieM

Ernie
Corporate Member
Alan,

Happy Birthday. You're not getting older...you're getting more prolific.:gar-La;

Ernie

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
:new_birthHappy Birthday, Alan!:new_birth

Hope You have a terrific day surrounded by friends and family and maybe a new tool for the shop.

Wayne

toolman

Administrator
Chad
Happy Birthday Day Alan!!!!:new_birth

Happy :new_birth To You :new_birth To You :new_birth Alan :new_birth To You!!!!!!!!!!!!

M

McRabbet

I'm a day late, but congrats anyhow, Alan! Hope you had a great day!

Alan in Little Washington

Alan Schaffter
Corporate Member
62 and ready for Social Security :no:

Actually it wasn't such a good day - the dining gods were against us!

In the morning, my wife and I headed out to MickeyD's for our usual Sunday morning Cinamonmelts and Sausage bagel that we eat at the waterfront. There was bit of a line at the drive-through which didn't seem be moving- a lady seemed to be having trouble with her order or something. The second line was closed with a cone. As we pulled out of line to park and go in, we noticed another cone near the supposedly open lane- both drive-throughs must be closed, hmmmm? We parked the car and started walking to the door when an employee waved us off- the whole place was closed! Strike 1!

We went to a pizza place with our son and his girlfriend for lunch. The food came out in fits and starts- the first person was almost done eating by the time last meal came out. My order was wrong and had to be sent back, and they forgot my wife's order completely!! A big strike 2!

For dinner, we headed to Greenville with friends for some BBQ. It took forever to get a waitress to take the beverage order- "Somebody will be right with you." "I'll be right with you". "Has anyone taken your drink order?" We finally got drinks but then had to wait forever to order our meal- one of us actually had to go find someone to take our meal order!! The order was simple, but it took forever and a few items were not right. I ordered a 1/2 rack of baby back ribs- it tasted fine, but wasn't hot and was the smallest 1/2 rack I have ever seen!! They never refilled my water glass, and when they finally brought my wife a Coke refill, it was diet Coke- she hates diet Coke. The slow, inept, and disorganized wait staff didn't have time to clear tables, etc.- the place was a mess- but they had plenty of time to hang around the cashier and chat! It was one of the worst dining experiences ever.

Maybe they were telling us we should eat at home more often!! It was never like this when I was only 61!

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
Alan, sorry to hear about your dining experiences, but I hope that the rest of your birthday was outstanding!

Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors