Handtool Woodworking Workshops 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

willarda

New User
Bill Anderson
I am posting two pdf files with my handtool workshop schedule for 2008. One of the files shows the dates and workshop titles in chronological order, the other groups the workshops by type and has descriptions of each and cost. I am offering several beginning and advanced joinery workshops, a number of planemaking classes, and several project oriented workshops, both for workshop related stuff and for furniture. Lastly, I will be reprising my series of workshops on handplane skills and techniques. I am dividing this up into a bench planes workshp and a specialty planes workshop so I can focus a bit more on each group. We will also do a project in this set of workhops using all of the planes we work with.

If you have any questions, please email me at bill@edwardsmountainwoodworks or give me a call. I would be happy to talk with you.

Attachments

• EMW 2008 Class Schedule.pdf
    410.5 KB · Views: 230
  • Class List 2008.pdf
    419.1 KB · Views: 229

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Bill, those look like some great class offerings. I have heard rave reviews about your classes. Are the materials (i.e. wood) supplied to the classes, especially the project oriented ones?
I am going to make this a Sticky so it will be readily available for reference.
Dave:)

willarda

New User
Bill Anderson
Dave: I have a lot of fun with the classes. It's a great way to meet fellow woodworkers and spend a day in the shop together. Some of the classes have a materials fee because the wood needed, etc is extensive. In particular the side table and the jewelery box. Also the metal bodied shoulder plane. The plane classes will have the wood supplied, but I have a source for hand-forged scarf-welded plane blades in the 18th century style and those will be available for purchase. In general, I will supply all of the tools needed for the classes, although I have a complete tool list avialble for the die-hard. I also have a complete manual for each class and in addition, I supply lunch each day.

Thanks for your cooperation in this.

cptully

New User
Chris
Bill,

Could also post a list of class fees or do you prefer to discuss those privately?

Chris Tully

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Bill,

Could also post a list of class fees or do you prefer to discuss those privately?

Chris Tully

Chris, I think that Bill's second PDF "Class List 2008" has the costs listed. They are very reasonable, that's why I wondered if materials were included. Bill is an excellent educator, and you will come away from his classes with a lot of great reference material in addition to what you learned/made.
Dave:)

willarda

New User
Bill Anderson
In general, one day workshops are $80 and two day workshops are $160. some of the workshops will have a materials fee beause the cost of materials is higher than would allow me to absorb into the class fee. In the planemaking classes, the hand-forged blades will be a cost, but not the plane bodies. The fees will be just the cost of materials, no extra charges, etc. You could bring your own materials, etc if you like instead. I will provide a tool list and materials list for every class upon request. The tool list is just a guide, because I intend to supply the tools for the workshops. As noted before, classes include a comprehensive manual and also lunch each day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS