Handplane Workshop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kent Adams

New User
Kent Adams
I want to thank Bill and Mike and others for the hand plane workshop. I met lots of interesting folks, learned some, especially that I was doing it right and even left with a free No.4 Stanley plane. Chili was great as were my classmates.

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
I added a few more pics from yesterday in a separate album.

IMG_12221.JPG

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Sad I had to miss this, especially because I would like to have know what Dirk was up to right be fore you took that photo?!
IMG_12475.JPG

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Actually, he was working very diligently on sharpening a plane iron right up until the second I snapped the pic. :)

Mark Gottesman

New User
Mark
I had a great day at the workshop. Could have stayed at home and done this, but it is good to get out, meet other members and see other ways of doing things. This was a bunch of tools that are being put together for green wood spoon carving and possibly working towards primitive Windsor chair building. Thanks to everyone for help, Bill for a wonderful shop and Mike for all the info and critical eye. These were sharpened using a Harbor freight 200-600 diamond block to start and then moved to an 800/1200/4000 Waterstone group. Also used the belt sander in Bills shop to do the initial bevel establishment on the drawknife and hatchet before I moved to the stones. The three scandi knives are sharpened with no secondary bevel.

Sharpened Tools 001.JPGSharpened Tools 002.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS