Hand Tool event this wkend - you attending?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bwat

New User
Bill
Who is attending the Lie-Nielsen Hand Tool Event this weekend? If attending, which day?

I hope to make it again this year but am struggling with leaving a teenager home alone unsupervised with a new license :eek:

kommon_sense

New User
Tavaris
I'm planning on going. I was hoping to make it on friday as I believe it is Free, but you have to pay for saturday. Never been to one of these, so curious/excited to see what its about.

Berta

Berta
Corporate Member
Friday looks possible to me! My husband is going to keep my Credit Card!!!:gar-Cr

Berta

Sandy Rose

New User
Sandy
I'm planning on going. I was hoping to make it on friday as I believe it is Free, but you have to pay for saturday. Never been to one of these, so curious/excited to see what its about.

Admission is free for both days - parking is $2 on friday and free on sat.

Jim Wallace

jimwallacewoodturning.com
Jim
Corporate Member
I've been in the past and it's a very nice event. You get to see the whole L-N line-up of planes and try them out if you want. They have a lot of their other tools as well. I can't remember exactly how the pricing works, but I believe you get a small discount on whatever you buy at the event. There is also a bonus for the Crafts Center. They get some tools from L-N for hosting the show. You also get to see the NCSU Crafts Center wood shop in case you haven't been there before. Be careful about the parking on Friday as tickets at NCSU are very expensive (damhikt). There's a deck just opposite the Crafts Center which is by permit only until 5 on Friday. You have to go around the right side of the deck to get to the paid parking which is on the bottom level.

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
I'll be there on Saturday in the morning.

Been practicing polite drooling all week!!

Jim

meredj

Jesse
Corporate Member
Bill, I was planning on going on Friday leaving about 1300-1400 or so from Winston. Are you going that same day and time if so we may could ride together?

bwat

New User
Bill
Looks like Sat will be the highest attended day for NCWWs. Hope to see many of you there.

Jesse, I'm watching the weather to make my attendance decision. I'd hate to spend that much time on the road if it is raining both ways and turning the trip into a 6 hour drive for 2-3 at the event. I've been to a couple of these before and as much as I'd like to see the gang, I have plenty to do at home. So, I'm still undecided...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS