Hand off GWL and met a new member

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Today I had the pleasure to meet a newer member CDPeters from Virginia Beach, VA. I was helping the GWL exchange. We had a wonderful visit and Chris got the full shop tour. Chris will be coming back to take a scroll saw workshop. Here is a pic to prove it really did happen.
CDPeters_and_the_GWL.jpg

View image in gallery

CDPeters

Master of None
Chris
Well, the GWL has reached it's new foster home in Windsor. I can already feel the swirl of the vortex! :rotflm:

I had a great visit with Scott and we chatted for probably an hour and a half. Scott's new shop is a really nice space and he has a great view. Scott was gracious enough to show me some skew chisel technique and let me practice a bit with his setup. Also got an advance preview of the scrolling class with Scott showing me some 3D scrolling. Thanks for your hospitality Scott! :notworthy:

For the record, here is the photographic evidence:

GWL_004.JPG

Pickup in Littleton...

View image in gallery

All set up in Windsor with the first turning on board!

Scott's sage advice: He pointed at his off cut bin and said "all this in your off cut bin is now turning stock!". How true, here is a piece of cherry off cut turned into a Christmas tree ornament.

Here's a close up - that friction polish sure is neat stuff.

So next, I guess I should read the book (what, me read the directions???:nah:). Anyway, I hope to make weekly postings for ya'll showing this weeks progress and lessons learned.

Thanks to Heath and Scott for the Pony Express, and thanks to Steve and the NCWW for this great opportunity. I plan to take full advantage!

C.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Grasshopper you have done well :notworthy:

Did you get your honey-do's done?

CDPeters

Master of None
Chris
Did you get your honey-do's done?

Yup. I was even a good boy and didn't set up the lathe until I had fulfilled my side of the road-trip-kitchen-pass bargain and tilled the garden!

Working on a little light reading at the moment... :gar-Bi

C.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS