Hammer K3 Sliding Table Saw

Status
Not open for further replies.

copythat

New User
Rob
Does anyone own a Hammer K3 sliding table saw? If you do, what do you think of it? Is it difficult to set up? Is it accurate and does it retain its accuracy?

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
I have owned the K3 for about five years. It came with the slide table installed and perfectly aligned. All I had to do was install the fence which is easy to do
I have rechecked the alignment and it is still right on. The bottom line is I would buy again

Mark Johnson

Mark
Corporate Member
I bought the 48 inch model and it came perfectly aligned as well. Biggest issue for me was installing and leveling the steel table top portion. I would buy again in a heartbeat.

Jeremy Scuteri

Jeremy
Make sure you let us know how you like it when you receive it. One test to check table alignment is clamping a thick board to the sliding table as if you are going to straight line rip it, something like a flat 2x6 or 2x8. Clamp it to the sliding table and ensure it doesn't bind on the cast iron table. Most people make measurements right near the blade, but the 79" sliding table can sag/flex a bit and boards can bind on the front or rear parts of the cast iron table. This is most noticeable when clamping boards down, because the clamps don't allow things to move.

We really should try and have a Sliding Table Saw Workshop at some point where we can talk about some techniques, jigs and setups. Maybe sometime this Summer.

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
Make sure you let us know how you like it when you receive it. One test to check table alignment is clamping a thick board to the sliding table as if you are going to straight line rip it, something like a flat 2x6 or 2x8. Clamp it to the sliding table and ensure it doesn't bind on the cast iron table. Most people make measurements right near the blade, but the 79" sliding table can sag/flex a bit and boards can bind on the front or rear parts of the cast iron table. This is most noticeable when clamping boards down, because the clamps don't allow things to move.

We really should try and have a Sliding Table Saw Workshop at some point where we can talk about some techniques, jigs and setups. Maybe sometime this Summer.

Sounds like an excellent idea. Could be a good time to also show off your new shop

or

It can be held in my shop as my shop is always open to workshops

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS