Hall Table

Bill J

Bill
User
Nice Project! I was especially curious about how you made the bottom of the legs as that is a nice detail? I can see they are tapered along the length and the bottom portion was made from different materials. Can you explain how you made the material transitions at the bottom of the legs?
For the legs I used 1 1/2 maple and sheathed it in 1/4 sapelle. I made a jig to hold the legs at a 45 degree angle and then tapered the legs on the corner rather than the flat side. I didn't draw up plans for any of this but I have attached a picture of the jig. It is just a flat board with a 2 x 45 degree cuts and uses one screw in the base that goes into the bottom of the leg and holds it firm while cutting. You do have to very careful about your taper to keep the screw clear of the blade.

Attachments

• 2020-11-19 14.19.05.jpg
    2020-11-19 14.19.05.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 120

Henry W

Henry
Corporate Member
For the legs I used 1 1/2 maple and sheathed it in 1/4 sapelle. I made a jig to hold the legs at a 45 degree angle and then tapered the legs on the corner rather than the flat side. I didn't draw up plans for any of this but I have attached a picture of the jig. It is just a flat board with a 2 x 45 degree cuts and uses one screw in the base that goes into the bottom of the leg and holds it firm while cutting. You do have to very careful about your taper to keep the screw clear of the blade.
Innovative - in process and results. I like it

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS