Grizzly Woodworking Equipment

Status
Not open for further replies.

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
As for quality, I have a Grizzly 6" joiner that I'm the third owner. It's so old that the serial number is a Dynomo label. None of the three owners has had any problems with this machine. I would buy again tomorrow if this machine quit and couldn't be fixed. For a 12" jointer, look for a used 3 phase machine.

Brogan

New User
For those who aren't aware, Grizzly's sale started today.

I had my eye on a couple of table saws but one isn't in the sale and the other only has $25 off.

There may be better bargains for other equipment so it's worth checking out.

jlwest

Jeff
Corporate Member
To me the table saw is one of the most important pieces of equipment. I have always used a delta Unisaw, 50 years, and have had few ,if any, problems. It is always accurate,doesn't shift settings,and has great repeatability. My experience with Grizzly equipment is the manufacturing tolerances are not consistent and the motors are higher amp.Just my opinion.

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
To me the table saw is one of the most important pieces of equipment. I have always used a delta Unisaw, 50 years, and have had few ,if any, problems. It is always accurate,doesn't shift settings,and has great repeatability. My experience with Grizzly equipment is the manufacturing tolerances are not consistent and the motors are higher amp.Just my opinion.

Jeff, appreciate your opinion and I too bought a SawStop PCS table saw rather than a Grizzly TS. On the other hand I've been totally satisfied with the Planer, Jointer, 2 Band Saws, Disk/Belt Sander, Oscillating Spindle Sander and Wet Grinder that I've bought from them. My opinion is pay extra for the primary shop equipment and use the best Price/Performance match for the rest. It all comes down to choice though and that's why I bought a PowerMatic 3520B lathe rather than a Grizzly, because in that instance I wanted the best, not the best bargain. But I do think I got a very good piece of equipment for a decent price on the other Grizzly's I've bought.

We tend to agree that you need to decide what your goal is - the best or the best price/performance for a particular piece of equipment. Grizzly can definitely compete in the latter category. Brands like Felder/Hammer, SawStop, Powermatic and others can be found in the former. (Sorry I no longer include Delta as they've slipped somewhat in recent years (my opinion) but their older machines are still Prime.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS