Grizzly Spring / Summer Sale 2016 question...

Status
Not open for further replies.

jfynyson

Jeremy
User
Grizzly just started (yesterday) their spring/summer sale for 2016 and the item I’ve been wanting/waiting to go on sale was not selected as a part of their sale.
My question is if anyone knows if they rotate their items that go on sale each every other week or each month between now and the end of July ?

Thanks in advance

ste6168

New User
Mike
Grizzly just started (yesterday) their spring/summer sale for 2016 and the item I’ve been wanting/waiting to go on sale was not selected as a part of their sale.
My question is if anyone knows if they rotate their items that go on sale each every other week or each month between now and the end of July ?

Thanks in advance

I believe it will be the same items now, through the end of the sale. That said, Grizzly used to offer 5% and sometimes 10% coupons throughout the year (sometimes specific to Veterans, or on the catalogs), but I haven't seen one of them yet this year. I have been waiting...

Grimmy2016

Administrator
Scott
Speaking of the sale, I saw this piece at what I thought is a good price. My question is does any have any comments on it? It meets the 1 and the 5 micron filters sizes like the Jet and Powermatics and am wondering if the much cheaper cost is really a great deal or something I should even consider.

Please let me know asap as I am hoping to purchase tonight after work,

Thanks
http://www.grizzly.com/products/Han...tm_medium=email&utm_campaign=041116_G0738_Top

Scott

CDPeters

Master of None
Chris
Speaking of the sale, I saw this piece at what I thought is a good price. My question is does any have any comments on it? It meets the 1 and the 5 micron filters sizes like the Jet and Powermatics and am wondering if the much cheaper cost is really a great deal or something I should even consider.

Thanks
http://www.grizzly.com/products/Han...tm_medium=email&utm_campaign=041116_G0738_Top

Scott

According to specs, it has about half the CFM of the Jet 1000B unit, but the rest of the specs look pretty equivalent. For a shop the size of mine (just over 6000 ft3), it would turn over the entire air volume about 4 times per hour - for the level of work I do, that would probably be sufficient.

I've been thinking about pulling the trigger on this one too.

ste6168

New User
Mike

Thanks

Scott

While I am sure that filter would work fine, it is not on the same level as the Jet, JDS, or Powermatic units. I posted a similar reply on another forum yesterday, but that unit does 409 CFM max, with a 1/8hp motor. The Jet has a 1/5hp and does 1044CFM. The JDS has a 1/3hp and does 1255CFM. The PM has a 1/4hp and does 1196CFM. Looking at the specs on paper, you would need 3 of the Grizzly units to do the same amount of air filtration as one of the others (approximately). Whether that equates to real-life performance, I am not sure, but it should be noted.

Other thing I notice, the Grizzly has a sort of strange outer filter size, 16.5" x 9.5" x 1.75" so I am not sure if you would be limited to just the Grizzly filters, or if you could find others. The jet uses a standard 12" x 24" x 1" outer filter, which I purchase on Amazon in a 4 pack for about $5 a piece.

Last thing to note, my shop is small (one car garage) and most of the time, I run the Jet that I have on the lowest setting, which is 550CFM, and that does seem plenty adequate for my space.

jfynyson

Jeremy
User

Thanks

Scott

I have the Jet version just b/c his has much more CFM but I've heard a lot of folks very happy with this unit as well....a larger shop would likely need two of them but that that price it's cheaper for 2 than one Jet model w/ more CFM...

jfynyson

Jeremy
User
Anyone else concur on the sale being set in stone through the end of it in July vs items changing prices monthly ?

Thanks again !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS