Grizzly Jointers on Sale??

Status
Not open for further replies.

CLetts

New User
Carl
I've read threads in the past where people would mention that Grizzly.com puts tools on sale at a certain time of the year. I'm now looking for a jointer and I'm posting this to ask if anyone knows when Grizzly usually has their woodworking tools on sale?

Thanks!

batk30msu

New User
brent
I always remember Grizzly sending out a holiday catalog sometime right about now. I also know they will raise prices on many machines when the 2013 catalog comes out. Last year I purchased a G0452P on Dec 31 to save the $75 more it would have cost on Jan 1.

I know Goldsboro isnt right down the street from holly springs, but you would be welcome to come see the machine if that is a model you were considering. I know the biggest reason I waited on a grizzly machine was that I couldn't see one in person.

CLetts

New User
Carl
Thanks for the offer but I'm considering the G0706 12 inch Jointer with Spiral Cutterhead because a lot of the boards I mill are figured and in the 10" range. My space is limited and the 60" bed also caught my attention. I'll also need to buy the mobile base and bar extensions so I'm hoping to find a sale on them in the near future.

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
I've read threads in the past where people would mention that Grizzly.com puts tools on sale at a certain time of the year. I'm now looking for a jointer and I'm posting this to ask if anyone knows when Grizzly usually has their woodworking tools on sale?

Thanks!
It's really difficult to tell. Grizzly has very competitive pricing year round, so they don't have much in the way of sales (except their tent sales for scratch'n'dent machinery). Occasionally, there will be a 10% off coupon in a magazine, like Woodworker's Journal, Wood, or Popular Science. I was fortunate to snag one last month. Sometimes there's free shipping on select items.

Given the upcoming holiday season (Christmas/ Black Friday), it might be worth your while to wait a bit (if that's an option of course). My guess is that if there is going to be a sale, it'll be announced no later than 11/15.

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Thanks for the offer but I'm considering the G0706 12 inch Jointer with Spiral Cutterhead because a lot of the boards I mill are figured and in the 10" range.
Since you mentioned you're short on space...have you considered buying the G0634Z instead? Same price, same size bed, more horsepower, spiral cutterhead, and oh, it's also a planer.

FlyingRon

Ron
The Grizzly Xmas flyer showed up in my mail today. The G9860ZX is marked down $150 or so... plus you get a pair of free push blocks :)

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
Their Jointers are on sale right now. I just ordered a G0656PX. Might need some help unloading it when it arrives.

- Ken.

MarkE

Mark
Corporate Member
The Grizzly sale starts today and runs through Dec. 31, 2012.

Saved $10.00 on the super heavy duty mobile base. :eusa_danc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS